08 800R WOT Issues

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never blew a belt??? Really? How would tower brace cause you to blow a belt? I dont get it

had good alignment. must have tightened it too tight and put the alignment out is all i can think of.

or who knows maybe it was a fluke. either way off to the garbage that think went. totally useless mod.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. I guess but what ever.....
I took the DPM valve out and wd40 it. Took the raves out and they were good and clean with just a bit of grey oily stuff ( but i started it , let idle for a bit and ran it in ). Turned the carbs heaters 1/2 way on. I'll see how it runs now.
God dam are these things chitty to work on comparded to a rev......

Sent from my HTC- using Tapatalk

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. I guess but what ever.....
I took the DPM valve out and wd40 it. Took the raves out and they were good and clean with just a bit of grey oily stuff ( but i started it , let idle for a bit and ran it in ). Turned the carbs heaters 1/2 way on. I'll see how it runs now.
God dam are these things chitty to work on comparded to a rev......

Sent from my HTC- using Tapatalk

shheeet tex ya bitched at taken a muffler off a little zx 700. if ya don't want ta ride the buffalo i may trade the 700 fer yer xp, but ya will have to make up the difference with a little cash comin my way. as there is definitely something wrong with that 800 of yours. so it seems.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shheeet tex ya bitched at taken a muffler off a little zx 700. if ya don't want ta ride the buffalo i may trade the 700 fer yer xp, but ya will have to make up the difference with a little cash comin my way. as there is definitely something wrong with that 800 of yours. so it seems.

ya well with ur twin pipes and someone siliconing the pipes to can sucks balls ..... lol trade ....... i could never go back to a sit down sled.....

Ekim

Reaction score
Still having problems. Cleaned removed and checked exhaust valves. Oiled solenoid valve. Sled will run perfect under no load, starts good idles good, only under full throttle will it spit and sputter. Any new ideas. Tried Carb heaters, new plugs???

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you by any chance pop off any hoses on the right side of the motor, and put them back on?

I did some work on a friend's XP, he was missing a right rear motor mount bolt, and there were 2 small clear hoses in the way, (part of the DPM system) and I put them back together in the wrong places.

Sled ran perfect, except full throttle. Took me forever to figure it out, until I had my sled next to his and saw the 2 hoses switched around. Runs like a top now.

Ekim

Reaction score
Never had any of the hoses off. I will check those hoses though maybe one came off or cracked??? I believe I am going to have to buy a new dpm solenoid. When the solenoid is removed, can it be taken apart? Is there a way to test the solenoid? Thanks.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unplug the solenoid and test with a 9 volt battery. If you hear a click when energized then it's fine. I am too lazy to go back, but you can get a vacuum gauge and test your DPM for leaks.
Captain Extreme had his new E-tec do the same thing on the first ride.. The dealer did a diagnostic and found a short in some wiring under the seat. It could be something stupid like that.
You might be best off to take it in and see if something comes up, Maybe ask around in the custom shops to see if they can do a diagnostic to see if any errors turn up... A hundred bucks later or so, maybe more but at least you aren't pulling out your hair...

Ekim

Reaction score
Yup pulled out all of my hair. Sled is going to the shop tommorow. Need to ride over the holidays. Hope they have better luck with it. Thanks.

Ekim

Reaction score
Solenoid works, Closes when charged. Took it to a shop and they are several hours into it with no luck. Can the ecm module retard the electronics to make it not rev above 7000. DESS maybe. No codes come up on the dash. What electrical components should I start looking at first.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a reflash that doo was supposed to do on those years. They used to be stuck in retard mode and you had to bring it to the dealer to reset....The reflash made it reset when the sled was shut off.

Call the dealer with your VIN and they should know if that patch was done.

Ekim

Reaction score
Is there any way to reset it without going to a dealer. I do not have a dealer in town. I can get the reflash in the future, but right now I got no sled.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might have to send out the MPEM to them. Im afraid you will have to ask about that.. Is there anyone with the same model that you can swap it out?

Ekim

Reaction score
Sled just got out of the shop. They checked everything and found nothing wrong with solenoid, valves, compression, clutch etc... They changed my main jets to 450s from 480s. I ran the 480 main for 3000kms and had no issue. Does just changing the main jet to 450s sound reasonable. It seems to have cleared the issue up for now, but I have not been on a ride yet. If this is right, is there something else I should be looking at. Why the sudden change.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds like that isn't.
After 3000 km, you shouldn't need a rejet all of a sudden,

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are two things that I think Ekim forgot to mention about what happened. The sled was rolled over and packed full of snow and then it ran poorly. I think that there was moisture in somewhere that effected the sled and or there was some garbage in the carbs that was moved around when it was rolled over.

Ekim

Reaction score
Packed full of snow or not, garbage in the carbs would not mean a rejet?

Top Bottom