08 800R WOT Issues

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Packed full of snow or not, garbage in the carbs would not mean a rejet?
Garbage in carbs could have plugged mains part way and then dealer re-jetted to 450's without checking the 480's. I would check the jets that came out if it was me. You would think that dealer would have checked before changing anything but who knows.

Ekim

Reaction score
Dealer said mains were clean. No garbage in carbs. That is why I am suspicious of the "fix". Cannot figure out what caused the bad running sled, but so far changing the mains has worked. I have not had it out for a good run yet. And yes sled was running well with 480s.??

campstove

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid idea but in early dec. trip to revy I had a similar issue with my 08. When wot could only get 7000 to 7500 rpm, not really a sputter but more like the rpms would just hold and not gain. After turning out of a climb I hit a dip and smashed into handle bars, sled ran perfect????? 1/2 hr later my hands got cold, turned on hand warmers and back to 7000rpm!!! Turning warmers on and off was like i had dummy juice!!! engine light would flash occasionally but as long as warmers were off all was good.

Ekim

Reaction score
Thank you for the post. I had smashed the bars earlier in the day. Never thought that could cause a problem like this. It is something I will definetely pay attention to. Did you find the problem/solution to this problem. Thanks

Ekim

Reaction score
Just an update on this post. Went for a good ride yesterday and the sled ran perfect. Pulled hard and held 8200 rpms all day. Still not sure the rejet was the solution, but nothing else has come up yet. Could the dealer done something with the electrical without realizing it? Is there anything else? Or does jetting just need to be changed after 3000Km all of a sudden. Still curious.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a plugged jet, or water in your bowl...

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Three jets sizes, i'd read my plugs before too long. It might be working a little too good.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Three jets sizes, i'd read my plugs before too long. It might be working a little too good.
Ya I'd go back to 480s and see if it does it again?We're you plugs lose to begin with.. That happened to me once!

Top Bottom