08 800r ignition failure

campstove

Reaction score
I started this thread this spring, put sled away to get ready for bike season, and now its time to get the sled back out!!!! I have lost spark, tried metering stator, it seems ok. Unpluged and checked all connections, checked wire from stator to regulator, no damage. Tried buddies ecm, dess plug and cluster, no go. I have pretty much tore sled right down except for jerking engine. Any ideas would be appreciated. I did notice that the rer button was damaged, the button fell off. Unpluged it along with hand warmers and diimmer switch. still nothing. PLEASE HELP!! If I cant figure it out I will have to donate some money to the service department at Tackside!!!:confused::confused:

foghorn

Reaction score
Maybe Trackside can sell you a bigger set of balls while you are there ha ha just kidding buddy Actually was gonna phone you and see if you had any luck with it yet.I will give Wayne a call and ask him soom ideas as well
Ricky Bobby

campstove

Reaction score
tried it on the hill the day evrything went sideways, no luck. Mind you I didn't try it with all the other parts at the same time..thnx maxwell

campstove

Reaction score
thats what i thought!!! Must have a broken wire somewhere or could it be the voltage regulator? Thats one piece i havent checked.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't the 08's have a problem with a wire from the stator rubbing on a rivet on theh can side somewhere, maybe thats your problem.

campstove

Reaction score
way beyond that!!!! I pretyy much have the sled tore down to the chassis, engine still in, metering every wire at every connection...Its pissing me off!!!!!

ren800r

Reaction score
I have on 09 that died on me no spark. Check the fuses and there is also an ignition relay they were the problem on mine. Hope it helps.

campstove

Reaction score
thnx. Im going to hit turples today and see if they have a shop manual. Hopefully it will help me in metering everything out and i find something.

campstove

Reaction score
QUESTION??? Can the throttle position sensor cause an ignition failure?? Also, does the dess plug, kill switch, rer/start , gauges, knock sensor have to be plugged in to enable ignition???

doostylz

Reaction score
Hey stove did you get module you ordered yet. Just curious if your made any headway or ready to snap. Stop in for a beer need your opinion on the way i am going to get the gold finger lefty mounted that i got from Ricky Bobby dont wanna cut the grips preferably incase I dont like it. Maybe I will have the inserts from Deans for ya soon also.

campstove

Reaction score
got the voltage regulator, everything metered good, put fuel tank back on, 10L of fuel and guess what.....,......................................................................it runs!!!!! Hand warmers, rer, taillight, everything works fine. Now i just have to figure out what caused the regulator to fail..From what i have heard it is a very unusual thing!! As for the left hand throttle, dont bother!!! Mine had it when I bought it and after one ride got rid of it.. If you cant handle the xp with one throttle you better look at getting a mini z!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom