08 800 Renegade w/30" Silverbacks lift??

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking at picking up some 30" backs tonight (14" rims). I do have skid plates and 1" wheel spacers on the front as well as fender flares. Wondering if im going to need a lift kit to run them. I have 28" Swaplites and they are very close to rubbing on the back now. My old outlander just needed a trim job on the back and they were fine with the 30"s.

Hopefully thats all i need to do? Just wondering if theres anyone that has the same setup that could help me out.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't need a lift. On the G1 chassis (yours) guys usually move the footboards forward a bit to get more rear fender clearance. Do a search on Highlifter or Can Am Talk...

TKrebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got them on. Was going to do the fender move but all the allen head bolts holding my skid plates on were so rusted and plugged i didnt want to touch them. All i had to do was heat up the bottom corners onn the rear fender flares and curl them forward a bit. and now have about 1/2" of clearance

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I did on my G2 Renegade as well...heat 'em up them jam a 2x4 between the tire and fender and let it cool. Tire only hits at 70+ mph now because it grows!

Top Bottom