08 800 Everest XPs

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did some researching on them on the internet, and like with every big change in model/chassis/engine, theres updates to be done. Once you get the updates are they a good/reliable sled? Are the updates pricey?

I'm currently looking one thats 7000, but im really stretching my budget to get it.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did some researching on them on the internet, and like with every big change in model/chassis/engine, theres updates to be done. Once you get the updates are they a good/reliable sled? Are the updates pricey?

I'm currently looking one thats 7000, but im really stretching my budget to get it.

im not sure what updates you would have to do that have not already been done. that being said I would look for an 09, just based on better clutching etc. there are deals out there. i just sold a very nice 09 limited hillclimb with a new shortblock motor for 7400. Dont be affraid of an 05-06 rev either

our local shop has rental units that it sells and many local buy them. they have been great sleds for many people. try calling alpine country rentals at 2505669774 and ask for vince to see if he is selling any 09s you might find one in your budget

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not sure what updates you would have to do that have not already been done. that being said I would look for an 09, just based on better clutching etc. there are deals out there. i just sold a very nice 09 limited hillclimb with a new shortblock motor for 7400. Dont be affraid of an 05-06 rev either

our local shop has rental units that it sells and many local buy them. they have been great sleds for many people. try calling alpine country rentals at 2505669774 and ask for vince to see if he is selling any 09s you might find one in your budget

I just think theres too much risk when the sled either has a lot of mileage or engine work has been done.

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will find that most mountian sleds guys will frshen up so engine work can be a good thing. the thing you have to watch for is lots of miles with no work done. brp 800 cranks have some problems with the grease thing but this is caused by clutch alignment issues and also excessive heat buildup because of design . These are the reasons why the crank problems are happenning. If you put vents on the clutch side and also drill out the belt gaurd this helps as well.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 Everest and it was a pretty good runner as a stock sled. IMO as long as the clutches are properly aligned your good to go. The factory 08clutching it self leaves quite a bit to be desired but a good clutch kit will solve that issue.

finndoo

Reaction score
I have an 08 that had "teething troubles" the first season or so. Now that I have it figured out and know what to look for and what to change I am happy with it and would recommend a clean 08 to anybody if the price is fair. Have the clutches properly aligned, get a clutch kit( DJ or Roosterbult), change crappy bushings in primary, and add a little venting. I am now able to get 800-900 miles on a 377 belt, although it still runs a little warmer than I would like so I may float it. These changes are not all that expensive but keep it in to account when you do your purchase, some of them may be done already.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 that had "teething troubles" the first season or so. Now that I have it figured out and know what to look for and what to change I am happy with it and would recommend a clean 08 to anybody if the price is fair. Have the clutches properly aligned, get a clutch kit( DJ or Roosterbult), change crappy bushings in primary, and add a little venting. I am now able to get 800-900 miles on a 377 belt, although it still runs a little warmer than I would like so I may float it. These changes are not all that expensive but keep it in to account when you do your purchase, some of them may be done already.

Thanks dearly!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 everest xp with an 860 and very reliable only time i have been left straned was loading up at the truck my starter wire came loose. even with the 860 it is super reliable. dont be scared of a freshened up motor I try and freshen mine up every year or so especially with the big bore. but like said above even look for an 05 rev those things are solid motors

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 everest xp with an 860 and very reliable only time i have been left straned was loading up at the truck my starter wire came loose. even with the 860 it is super reliable. dont be scared of a freshened up motor I try and freshen mine up every year or so especially with the big bore. but like said above even look for an 05 rev those things are solid motors

If I could get a one for $7000, with 154 studded track and has 460 miles, would that be a bargain?

Top Bottom