'07 Summit X

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at an '07 Summit X and just wondering what to look out for on these sleds. I'm a polaris guy looking for a change. I know the motors on them are a problem but it has a brand new '08 crate motor in it. It has 2100km on the chassis. Nothing modded on it. Has e-start which I'm not a fan of. They're asking $7000 cad which from what I see is a pretty good price for that sled. It's in great shape. Also what kind of mods work best for this sled. I'm thinking just some lightweight mods for now.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buy it,,,

start with a can save a few pounds, then clutch, maybe head and reeds

but just a can and it will go every where.....

enjoy

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How reliable are these sleds? I'm sick of working on my sled more than I ride it

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How reliable are these sleds? I'm sick of working on my sled more than I ride it

I got one with 700miles last winter oringinal motor. I've put another 700 on it They have more power than previous doo 800. I raced a rmk 900 and spanked him. great sled other than they burn belts 3 in 700miles, I'm gettin clutch work and a vent kit before the snow flys

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 08 motor is very reliable. I ride with two 07 rev's both with the 08 motor and they are very strong

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm looking at an '07 Summit X and just wondering what to look out for on these sleds. I'm a polaris guy looking for a change. I know the motors on them are a problem but it has a brand new '08 crate motor in it. It has 2100km on the chassis. Nothing modded on it. Has e-start which I'm not a fan of. They're asking $7000 cad which from what I see is a pretty good price for that sled. It's in great shape. Also what kind of mods work best for this sled. I'm thinking just some lightweight mods for now.

how much of a change i can, what about a new zero mile 2007 m8 141 for 8500.00 in canadain dollars, with one yr warranty..... we have it on our website if your interested... plus 15% off acc for a year...

its free to look....

terry

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I think I might pick it up when I get away from work for a day. As for the offer on the M8, that track is a bit too short for my liking.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's in Valleyview so I'm guessing not. I'm looking around for other ones too though if you know of any more

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
sumx54 has got a nice unit for sale.... hasn't given a price but it's already got all the bells and whistles and looks sharp.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode ski doo my whole life, and after purchasing it I have never stopped spending money on it. Change the track for starters and then gearing, clutching. Then you should be ok. Have fun and hope that you have better lick than me.

powderseeker

Reaction score
I have a 07 XRS 151'' @1100 miles,can,DJ's clutch kit,geared,vented,still running original belt,boss seat,black side panels,clean reliable sled.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up buying the one I was looking at in Valleyview. So far I've been just cleaning it up and polishing it. Going to put a can on it for now and wait until I get a few rides in on it before I start changing anything.

spitfire

Reaction score
Have a 07 summit x 151 with 2400 kilo. It is stock other than a light weight can and simmons skis. No issues so far touch wood. Have replaced on belt and the regular maintenance. Great handling sled in deep snow. Most brands the have been sold in the past two years have had issues, and when you buy used as i did, there is always a chance something may fail.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah i agree spitfire but you have to take the governer off yours to wind her out. Maybe this year your kahoona's might have gotten a little bigger so we can get you to the top.hahaha

Top Bottom