07 summit 800r Problem

COLD SMOKE 7

Reaction score
Hey all just put 1000 k on my 800, I am having an issue with starting on this machine, starts excellent when cold, but once warm dosn't want to start?
2nd dosn't seem to have the power it used to?
Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sled is 100% stock nothing added to it.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all just put 1000 k on my 800, I am having an issue with starting on this machine, starts excellent when cold, but once warm dosn't want to start?
2nd dosn't seem to have the power it used to?
Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sled is 100% stock nothing added to it.
It may sound elementary but check to see that the valve for the heated carbs isn't open or passing. Boiling gas would definatley lead to hard warm starting and a lack of power.

From there I would begin checking the electrical system. Coils (Ignition and Stator) have a bad habit of not showing up until warm as the wires expand when heated causing shorts and breaks.

klotz109

Reaction score
Are you using regular gas? I know when I switched my sled over to premo it started and ran a lot better. That and using synthetic oil. Put Some premo in it and switch over to klotz and it should run better. But if its a noticable decrease in power I would check the compression.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they all like a hair of throttle when started,but I bet your reeds are chipping or carbs are gummed up.

gg1300

Reaction score
Is the valve closed for your heated carbs? Buddy of mine forgot his on and whenever he stopped, the carbs vaporized the gas in the float bowls and it would have difficulty starting.

Maxwe

Reaction score
Mine at 2000 miles was doing the same thing. Compression was low. Under warranty they pulled the top end and found the rings to have flat spots. New pistions and rings and away it went.

Top Bottom