07 Summit 1000 sdi - What is this broken cable??

tworton

Reaction score
I recently bought an 07 summit 1000 sdi and im wondering what this broken cable does? It goes around a wheel under neither the e rave cover, and back to it. How does this setup work? The sled was running before but i cant seem to get it started again. Thanks for the help

Attachments

• erave cable.jpg
    erave cable.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 147

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
That is the e-rave cable........ Probably won't run without it. An electric motor pulls on this cable to control the rave blades. If cable is broken, might have a seized/gummed up rave valve? There is a proper routine for adjusting the raves as well, and it is critical to adjust them, especially with a new cable installed.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yup, E-rave cable.... You will have to buy a new one to fix it and then go through the procedure to install it and set it up. Its really easy to do as I had the pleasure of learning and dooing it a couple years ago. Its one item on the 1000 that will break every couple of years, more so if it sits outside in moisture, etc. I will look for the service procedure for this and post it. Or, you could take it to the dealer and have them doo it.....Its the only flaw with that engine that I ever saw cause she's a monster and bullet proof.....

:beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom