07 spider issue

bryan_117

Reaction score
Anyone know if the spider can be replaced on a 07 m8? Mine decided to screw up a roller and eat a weight

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
No it cannot be bought as an individual piece, you will have to look for a complete clutch. I know cuz I just went through the same thing. Good luck.

bryan_117

Reaction score
Well today just sucks. First day of a week long sledding trip. I think i might end to with a comet clutch as they are half as much as a cat one. What did yours end up costing you?

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well today just sucks. First day of a week long sledding trip. I think i might end to with a comet clutch as they are half as much as a cat one. What did yours end up costing you?
I replaced a spider on a 2007 m1000 with a billet one supreme tool was the brand

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I paid $300.00 for my used one and it was a three post which you can also put on your 07, you just need to weight it up more. New they run around $700.00 I think. Phone Brent Linderman at Arctic Edge motorsports, he may have something for you.

craptabulous

Reaction score
If its a four tower . Supreme tools sells them . Its on the website you just have to look for it

bryan_117

Reaction score
its a 3 tower pos. cant believe they dont sell the spider. 700 bucks just cuz a .50 roller fawked up, what a waste. oh well, guess i'll rent a pro rmk and see how they run while i wait for parts cuz no one in idaho stocks a clutch!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a 3 tower pos. cant believe they dont sell the spider. 700 bucks just cuz a .50 roller fawked up, what a waste. oh well, guess i'll rent a pro rmk and see how they run while i wait for parts cuz no one in idaho stocks a clutch!

Something not right there. The 07 came with a 4 tower. I had to replace mine but the wait time was too long so I installed a 3 tower.

dozer

Reaction score
i believe if you look at a spider from an 05 m7 it will be exactly the same and this one can be ordered from cat. had this issue a couple of years ago on the m1 and confirmed that this would work with glen at spindrift. dont know why cat quit selling this part individually after 05 but it was still available for that sled and is an identical replacement. not 100% sure of the year (05) anymore but look through cat parts and the first year you find with a spider avail. will work should save you a lot of $$

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i believe if you look at a spider from an 05 m7 it will be exactly the same and this one can be ordered from cat. had this issue a couple of years ago on the m1 and confirmed that this would work with glen at spindrift. dont know why cat quit selling this part individually after 05 but it was still available for that sled and is an identical replacement. not 100% sure of the year (05) anymore but look through cat parts and the first year you find with a spider avail. will work should save you a lot of $$

My wifes is a 06 and we got the part for it. But i think 05 and 06 are the same.

Top Bottom