07 renegade 800 belt getting wet

Bryan

Reaction score
Went riding yesterday, and got a little muddy !! had fun.

Does anyone know of any problems with belt getting wet and why? I have a 07 renegade 800 and evertime I splash into puddles my clutch started to slip. What can I do to fix this problem. I check all the bolts for the clutch housing and seem to be fine

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
the clutch cover is slightly warped on the top near the exhaust. This is caused by the lack of heat shield and is hardly noticeable. If you take your quad into your dealer he will replace the clutch cover, cover backing plate and install an updated heat shield. As long as you tell them the belt WAS slipping they will replace that free of charge also. If the side panel plastic is at all warped near the exhaust they will also replace ALL plastic and even your SEAT cause there might be a spot on the bottom of the seat that is melted from the heat. Remember that most dealers won't offer this info to you but it is a BRP bulletin and they will update everything for you. This has happened to my 07 can-am and two of my buddies. good luck

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went riding yesterday, and got a little muddy !! had fun.

Does anyone know of any problems with belt getting wet and why? I have a 07 renegade 800 and evertime I splash into puddles my clutch started to slip. What can I do to fix this problem. I check all the bolts for the clutch housing and seem to be fine

My uncle had the same problem with his Canam.........the back side of the clutch housing was warped and had to be replaced under warranty.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I had my clutch cover and housing replaced as well. I still got water in after too. The "T" shaped gasket seems a little large on the long side and it still didn't seal properly. With scissors I trimmed off up to 1/8" now it fits great and then I used RTV silicone and sealed both sides as well. This has really helped with that. Remember when sealing the cover watch at the rear how the seal is attached. It is around the rear bolt rather than before the bolt. This is the drain bolt that lets water out if it fills up and If you seal that water wont escape.
There is another issue, the intake is up front over the wheel well and water can get in there quite easily, I will be looking at mine and snorkeling it. today. I will take some photo's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryan

Reaction score
thanks for the info..I will contact a BRP dealer in the morning. I have no warranty but this sounds like a recall!

davidrenegade800

Reaction score
Hey, just made this name o well but yea... i Own a renegade 800 07 i have had 2 problems with my quad one the F****** belt went into pieces didn't know why it wouldn't go into gear so got back to camp took the belt cover off there it was EVERY WHERE, oh yea if u can help me find a link so i can order a belt PLEASE.... Then i have the Front Right Outter Axle Shaft Snapping no biggie all warranty work maybe the BELT also??? And the Belt cover warn a hole at the bottom of the belt cover. But if any ideas to help out PLEASE Post tytyty/...

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I would order the factory BRP belt right from your dealer, they will probably have it in stock. I blew mine all to pieces too, but that was after 1 year of hard riding. I will now change mine every spring. You could order a belt from someone like royal distrubting here is a link, they have a dayco belt, I havn't tried one yet. Ive tried the Ultimax and would not get another.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A test for leaks is to fill up your clutch cover with water from a hose. I watched Ron do this and was told by my dealer to do this for a leak check. Cleans out you clutch dust also.

sgw78

Reaction score
My 06 leaked from the start but only when going hard into water not from just putting around. Snorkeled it and haven't had a problem since and I can just about promiss you will not need to replace the belt for a long while.
No water = no slipping = no hard wear

Here is the website I used. Alot of cool stuff this guy has done.

davidrenegade800

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the link imma get me one of those belts this weekend.. hey if u can are u able to send me a couple of pic's on how to make ur snorkel or where you got it because i would like to get one for my quad they suck when they go in water thats help it from getting water into the air box right... but please just post the link where u get it thx. imma need to get a set of wheeles and tires for mine SOON my rims also leak air when i go through creeks and mud Sucks... but if u have a link for any of those i would thx u if you post it./....

yamadoo

Reaction score
dear brian, not sure about YOUR problem, but have heard that polaris's CANNOT float. BE sure to pass this along to prevent any one else embarssment.
:nono:

MMOROLEON

Reaction score
I have a 2007 can am renegade and i put snorkels so i can go tru the wather but now i have wather in the fuel tank and i lost power any body have this problems before........ I have hmf optimezer hfm exaust and k&n air filter.

sgw78

Reaction score
I have a 2007 can am renegade and i put snorkels so i can go tru the wather but now i have wather in the fuel tank and i lost power any body have this problems before........ I have hmf optimezer hfm exaust and k&n air filter.

I was told about the same issue a buddy had. He told me that there is a one way breather vent for the tank on the top of the tank and it can pop out. He took his back to the dealer and they warrantied it and put a new feul pump in. Worth a check.

Top Bottom