07 Grizzly Won't idle and runs like crap

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering this weekend my grizzly started running like crap won't stay running at idle black smoke fouling plugs still has power when you hit the go button. Just wondering if anyone knows if this is some stupid senser or what else it could be.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad, was thinking of the 660,..

The only thing I could think of is maybe the ecu thinks its colder outside than it actually is and is dumping more fuel. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could the ecu be faulty I have had nothing but problems with my reverse sensor switch and have put like 8 of them in maybe it's a deeper computer problem.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could the ecu be faulty I have had nothing but problems with my reverse sensor switch and have put like 8 of them in maybe it's a deeper computer problem.

you can reprogram ur efi through the computer. has that ever been done, we have adjusted quite a few. only on the early 700's the 09s you cant

call your closest dealer or you can get it off line or call us and we can help you out

T

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I've had the throttle positioning sensor go, but it just wouldn't start or run period at idle. Had to hold it about 1/4 and progressively got worse till it wouldn't run at all. Have u ever played with the C1 setting in the fuel mapping? I know when i put my pipe on i had mine jacked up a bit in conjunction with the optimizer and i was running super rich, black smoke and all, but put settings back to stock and seems ok.
Noticed ur comment about the reverse switch, my question is why do u keep replacing it? Take that green wire with the white tracer and ground it to frame. It's cheaper and the bonus is reverse is as fast as forwards is. The only downside is that the light on the pod don't light up anymore.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the throttle positioning sensor go, but it just wouldn't start or run period at idle. Had to hold it about 1/4 and progressively got worse till it wouldn't run at all. Have u ever played with the C1 setting in the fuel mapping? I know when i put my pipe on i had mine jacked up a bit in conjunction with the optimizer and i was running super rich, black smoke and all, but put settings back to stock and seems ok.
Noticed ur comment about the reverse switch, my question is why do u keep replacing it? Take that green wire with the white tracer and ground it to frame. It's cheaper and the bonus is reverse is as fast as forwards is. The only downside is that the light on the pod don't light up anymore.

I have played with fuel mapping but have it set to the stock setting. That green wire with the white stripe is that the one that connects to the top of the reverse sensor or is it under the hood so to speak. My local Yamaha dealer gives me the switches but I'm hoping they can finally solve this problem. They got a real Yamaha tech again thank god.:beer:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
It's the one that connects to the top of the sensor. I think i jumpered a wire in to that cap and then ran it to ground on one of the bolts that stupid step on the brake safety switch for putting into park or reverse gear.

Reaction score
Fixed one for guy at work...the boss on the tranny where the reverse sensor screw's in use a dremel with cut off wheel and take off 1/16th inch off top....... the sensor will sit lower in the tranny..........yamaha design flaw.........he's had no problems with his since...........

Top Bottom