07 grizzly exhaust

bowhunter

Reaction score
I have a 07 grizzly 700 with a bit over 3000km on it. The whole exhaust system is totally rusted. The header all the way back to the tip. Doesnt look very good and when its running I can see exhaust coming out from between the block and the header and also where the pipe hooks up to the header. Whats my best bet for replacing the exhaust system with something better and a little more durable. Thank alot for any advise on this.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will need to get an OEM header because all the systems for the Grizz don;t come with headers. The leak in your head is from a worn copper crush gasket. When you get your new OEM headers and your aftermarket slip-on, you'll need to get two OEM copper crush gaskets from your dealer.

As far as durable exhausts go for your Grizz get an HMF, TwoBrothers, or a GYT-R.

bowhunter

Reaction score
I mainly use the quad for hunting and work. I dont want a pipe that is super loud. What would be a good pipe to get that is reasonable quiet. I wouldnt mind a bit of noise but not like some I hear on the trails.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mainly use the quad for hunting and work. I dont want a pipe that is super loud. What would be a good pipe to get that is reasonable quiet. I wouldnt mind a bit of noise but not like some I hear on the trails.

HMF swamp series has a nice sound to it without being to loud. Also it never needs repacking and I believe you can get a quite core for it as well if wanted.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HMF swamp series has a nice sound to it without being to loud. Also it never needs repacking and I believe you can get a quite core for it as well if wanted.

I'm pretty sure you can't get quiet cores for the Swamp Series because they are so close to stock (1-2db louder) so a quiet core would be pointless. Plus! a quiet core hurts your mid range power. I've talked to engine builders on other forums and they say that a quiet core can take away as much as 5HP from the mid range. Theres a reason HMF offers a Swamp Series and Swamp Series XL.

The XL accepts a core only to be quiet once and a while, but not all the time, or you'd be better off getting a regular Swamp Series.

You will also need to re-map your EFI system when you get a new pipe because you are increasing air flow and Grizzly's do not have an O2 sensor in the pipe.

You can get an HMF Optimizer with your exhaust or get a DynoJet Powercommander lll or PowerCommander V programmer.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would post on grizzlycentral.com and ask for a used system.Lots of mudders down there replaced the stock exhaust,probably get it for real cheap

bowhunter

Reaction score
Ok great. Yeah I ran into a guy last summer on the trail and he had the swamp series. Sounded pretty good. He also said he had a big bore kit on it to. Maybe that's why it sounded so bad ass! Has anyone done the big bore on their grizz 700. Ide be interested in doing that to mine if it wasn't crazy expensive.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on the bore your doing. Just a simple bigger bore and a piston can be around 900ish installed, but if you want a deeper tone that you'd get from a longer stroke, your going to need a new crank, and that will throw you closer to 2000 bucks.

bowhunter

Reaction score
Yeah I would just go with a new bore and piston. What would be a good make to look into? Also, would I be able to install myself with the help of a buddie that works on sled engines?

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a 778 in mine and keeps with a 800 Canam. Running a full exaust on mine also, still have my factory. The Jug and piston are pretty easy to do, main thing is to get tuned right after. Also when doing install a cam at the same time, There are few companies that make the BBK's I would stay away from Trinity as there are lots of people who have problems with them, me included. Any questions let know. I'm just in the process of deleting my airbox and running bigger air tube.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would just go with a new bore and piston. What would be a good make to look into? Also, would I be able to install myself with the help of a buddie that works on sled engines?

If your buddy knows his way around a 4 stroke then you'll be just fine.

As far as bore kits go, you can't go wrong with Cylender works, a CP piston and HotCam.

Top Bottom