07 Dmax Troubles

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the the rads, condenser, intercooler clean front and back???

Have to lay the intercooler -rad back to see in between them

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U might want to have the coolant/exhaust fluid test done.... Special fluid that turns color if exhaust gas present in coolant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They did tests for headgasket leaking and said all good.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U might want to have the coolant/exhaust fluid test done.... Special fluid that turns color if exhaust gas present in coolant

One problem with that is it takes so long for a d max to warm up and open t stats, to do a proper hydrocarbon coolant test

I've had ones that finally just do the head gaskets and heads, that were bad

But passed the test twice

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One problem with that is it takes so long for a d max to warm up and open t stats, to do a proper hydrocarbon coolant test

I've had ones that finally just do the head gaskets and heads, that were bad

But passed the test twice
Going to pull a load and see what happens with it and go from there picked it up late and service guy gone so going to talk to him today on it.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well headgaskets good ,checked cooling system no leaks everything normal, will see when i hook to trailer not sre what to think.

Fan clutch going out? When was your last coolant change? Check the engine oil for coolant. The engine oil is water cooled, and if you have a leak internally it will show up in your oil.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fan clutch going out? When was your last coolant change? Check the engine oil for coolant. The engine oil is water cooled, and if you have a leak internally it will show up in your oil.

All good they changed oil and never said anything, they sent a coolant sample away they said.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still saying water pump and or thermostat and seal. I'd just change both.

Usually an oil cooler leak puts oil in antifreeze, not the other way around. My LBZ did this with less than 10 000km on it.

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm still saying water pump and or thermostat and seal. I'd just change both.

Usually an oil cooler leak puts oil in antifreeze, not the other way around. My LBZ did this with less than 10 000km on it.

Either or I guess. Water pump is a little more in depth for throwing parts at it, the new coolant tank cap, and thermostats are just good maintenance. Water pump can get expensive and is quite time consuming if you've never done one before. We get a buddy to TIG weld the nut onto the impeller on the water pump so they don't spin off. Also weld the impeller onto the shaft with a couple pilot holes.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would 2nd the water pump as iT seems at 250 km it starts to leak ect

I've also seen many inner body's electrolysis inside where it can leak past and not move as much water

Right at where impeller meets body

Top Bottom