07 800R top end rebuild?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if top end can be rebuilt without pulling whole engine out on a 07 Rev? I pulled head, airbox, exhaust and carbs off so far, will pulling Y-pipe and reeds off allow the jug to come out. Gotta love new technology.

Reaction score
yep. y pipe off and the cylinder ( monoblock ) will come off. its tight but motor does not need to come out

X2 I rebuilt my top end on my XRS about a month ago, take y-pipe off and the jugs will come out, I pulled the reeds off only for ease of re-installing the jugs. Its a tight space to work but can be done!

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, got it off today, cracks on both sides of the exhaust port on PTO side and some scrapes on cylinder wall. Looks like a new mono block needed. Brother won't forget to check oil level again I'm thinking. Where is best place to get a new block, won't even bother to give Turple Bros a call.

Attachments

• C020300_1457_00.jpg
    C020300_1457_00.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 176

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you can get your old jug welded and replated at mongoose in BC for about 450$ that what the said to me anyway, or you can find a company that does cylinder exchange, talk to all the sled shops see if they have an exchange program

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can get your old jug welded and replated at mongoose in BC for about 450$ that what the said to me anyway, or you can find a company that does cylinder exchange, talk to all the sled shops see if they have an exchange program

Thanks for the tip for Mongoose, just contacted them and sent the pic, The cost is $345 for a cylinder requiring welding, and $290 for a straight replate. Too bad it's a mono block, $635 plus shipping, & pistons.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call rec supply in saskatoon. i just sold my xrs and the motor went and the guy got all of the parts for it from rec supply and it was 1000 to do the top end with new mono block and pistons and such.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go to mcb performance and buy there pistion kit.... 2 ring pistions.... just put them in and love them... no more pop when u shut her off... ect

Top Bottom