07 700 king quad clutch upgrade

JAK

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum here. I have a 07 king quad that i ride mostly in the mud/water. The only upgrades i have now are the 26" mudlights and snorkels. im looking to put in a new clutch kit being that mine was under water so much before the snorkels. As of now it will be on the 26's for at least a couple months but plan to be on 28s then. Any sugestions on what type/style clutch? Thanks, JAK

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
The epi clutch kit is a good one. There is also one by dalton but havent installed much of those. The coop 45 mod will only get u so far, and is only 1/3 of a complete clutch kit. The coop 45 mod is like adding stiffer centrifugal springs( these springs come in the epi kit along with the yellow sec spring, and lighter pri. weights). Just keeps the gearing lower for a longer time since KQ's came with a bottom end lag installed from factory. It also raises ur engagement from 1100 rpm to 19-2100 rpm depending on the yr of King. If u want to save money, id do the coop45 mod, drill ur weights, order and install the yellow sec spring.
Hope this helps.:beer::beer::d:beer::beer:

Coop45

Reaction score
Website
coop45.webs.com
My clutch mod#3 will increase your bottom end performance with out hurting the top end.
I would do my Mod#3 and have me machine the rollers to your riding style, and tire size, and then install a Yellow EPI spring.
The wet springs are not needed after Mod#3, so this will save you the price of a clutch kit, that won't get you anymore bottom end were the King needs it.
Let me know if you are interested
Thanks
Coop45

Top Bottom