07 700 dragon electrical issue?

fullmont

Reaction score
Rode about 60kms on saturday-sled ran great. When I tried to unload it off the trailer, it started after 3 pulls-which is normal-then it died. Started 1 more time and died again. Now won't start at all. When it was running briefly on the trailer, the dash lights weren't working.
I have spark at the plugs and when I prime the cylinder, it fires. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
Could be wet. Any open connections can be sprayed with a bit of wd-40 to remove moisture. If the sled can be put in a garage to dry out, you could test this theory. If the theory proves correct, buy a small tube of silicone and open all your connections, dab enough silicone to fill any space when the connection is connected (keeps moisture out).

fullmont

Reaction score
thanks-i'll try that,but the sled was tarped on the trailer and there didn't seem to be any moisture under the hood. i hope it's something simple.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were the dash lights flashing or flickering or nothing at all? When my VR went the lights were flashing. I wouldn't force it to fire too much, we did that to a friends sled not long ago and melted out the bottom of the ECU.

fullmont

Reaction score
no dash lights at all. i just tried priming the cylinder with gas once and it fired for a second. i've checked all the connections and they look fine and are totally dry.

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems of my own. Sounds a little bit similar. My VR has gone on me once already wondering if its happening again. That would be my guess for yours.

fullmont

Reaction score
i'm taking mine to the dealer so they can test it. I'll post what they say.

fullmont

Reaction score
The sled sat in the dealer's yard for a few days and then it started. They let it sit another day and it started again. They tested all the electrical and couldn't find anything wrong with it, but the tech said it could possibly be the voltage reg, so I bought a new one. I think i'll install it before my next ride, and hope that my ECU or something else doesn't get damaged.

Top Bottom