07 600 sdi engine trouble

curtisbuhs

Reaction score
My 2007 Renegade 600 SDI goes into limp mode right after start-up when trying to take off. It hits the rev limiter at 5000 rpm. I have replaced the battery and I tested the charging system, new plugs, new caps, new tether cord. Could it be the relays next? Or would the new tether not be programmed right? Anyone else have any troubles like this. I do not think its the exhaust sensor because it does this even when the sled is cold.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is a tough one. You have done everything I would have tried. You can take the relays out and swap them around as they are all the same part number. I have 3 relays in mine (05 Renegade) and I believe one is not used an essentially a spare.

nielsy

Reaction score
I had one that did like that it was the temp sensor try and unhook and run the sled and see what it does

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had one that did like that it was the temp sensor try and unhook and run the sled and see what it does
Same thing happened to my '07 sdi. I don't think it makes a difference but is has a mbrp can it happened at around 2500kms.

Last edited:

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you have any luck finding the problem? If you did please post so others searching will find an answer and not just a DET (dead end thread).

My 2007 Renegade 600 SDI goes into limp mode right after start-up when trying to take off. It hits the rev limiter at 5000 rpm. I have replaced the battery and I tested the charging system, new plugs, new caps, new tether cord. Could it be the relays next? Or would the new tether not be programmed right? Anyone else have any troubles like this. I do not think its the exhaust sensor because it does this even when the sled is cold.

curtisbuhs

Reaction score
Well I got it running good again. I have only a few miles on it two different times, and it seems perfect again. I will know for sure once I take it out for a whole day. What I did after checking the obvious was that I checked my exhaust sensor and it was fine, test good with an ohm meter too. I unplugged the two main SDI plugs that connect into the computer. I waited a bit so it would reset. Plugged it back in and it was fine. Nothing yet. I'll post back after I get a solid day on it.
Thanks for the help and I hope others will benefit from this.

highmark x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had problems with my 08 600 sdi. The 1000sdi is totally different story then the 600sdi. Please post what you found out.

Top Bottom