'06 Rubicon won't start

JDen

Reaction score
Was riding my rubicon the other day, parked it outside for the evening, went to park it that night and it wouldnt start. Pushed it in and got to work on it, got spark, got air, got fuel, worked fine when I shut it off in the driveway. The only thing I can notice is that the choke wont pull out, did something give up in my carb? Or do I have bigger problems? Turns over fine but won't even attempt to fire.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was riding my rubicon the other day, parked it outside for the evening, went to park it that night and it wouldnt start. Pushed it in and got to work on it, got spark, got air, got fuel, worked fine when I shut it off in the driveway. The only thing I can notice is that the choke wont pull out, did something give up in my carb? Or do I have bigger problems? Turns over fine but won't even attempt to fire.

did you check the kill switch? Not joking, this has happened to many people. As for the choke not working, have no clue.

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a resistor pack on the right rear side under the rear fender it's square and looks like it has cooling finns......this is usually a electrical problem common to hondas..... try removing the wires from it.or bypass it....and it should start..........sometimes they short and corrode if they have been wet or something.......I sure hope this helps ya out....

Top Bottom