06 REV 151 Gearing

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, doing the pre-season maintenance. Yup, I'm slow at getting out I know, but spent my day at a Zac's Tracks AST-1 training seminar and now it's onto the sled.

What gearing do you guys recommend for local BC riding (Golden, Revy, Fernie)

I haven't had an issue with stock really. Maybe a bit high which keep my clutches warm, however they have never really been hot. Wondering if a slight gear down will improve this, and if so, what other changes have to be made? (weight on clutch, etc)

Thanks guys,

Quinn

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go down to 19 if it is not there yet, and for clutching you should be good unless you put in clutch kit and I would go DJ kit. Maybe a can and that is it.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would go down to 19 if it is not there yet, and for clutching you should be good unless you put in clutch kit and I would go DJ kit. Maybe a can and that is it.

Looks like it has a 19 already, and people recommend a 20

From there, they say the chain is the same, and for me being an 06 I'd need the 440 spacer..

I'm not overly familiar with chain drives on sleds. I've got and owned lots of motorcycles, but this is my first chain change on a sled. Doing it for proactive maintenance.

SnowSnob

Reaction score
If it has 9 tooth drivers then your gearing is probably good.
Invest in a DJ clutch kit, it is noticably better.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know where to pick up these parts locally in Calgary? Would love it if somebody had them in stock.

Checking with a dealership, but maybe you guys know better.

Top Bottom