06 kodiak 450 troubles

mountainwlkr

Reaction score
Ok made the mistake of not taking the time in the past three months to run my kodiak. Now the dang thing keeps acting like its running out of gas. I drained all the old gas and took the screw out of the side of the bowl to drain that as well. I also removed the gas tank cleaned it out and the screens on both reserve and run. I took the fuel cock apart made sure it was clean as well. I have taken the airfilter off cleaned it and also took the dang carb basically all apart and cleaned it put it all back together and still does the same thing. I GIVE!! lol You can get it to start by holding the throttle part way open but as soon as you let off it just dies. I would greatly appreciate any helpful information or insight as to what the heck else i can do next. I want to rideeeeee!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
do you live in an area with "cutter bee's"? my uncle had them at his place and they nested in vent lines causing this same issue.

check all your vent lines on your carb, make sure they are free and clear.

mountainwlkr

Reaction score
Its been in the garage but checked them just to make sure and they are all clear as well. Thanks for responding though

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did a mouse make a house in your exaust pipe or maybe the idle adjustment screw fell out.will it run with the gas cap off?..good luck.let us know how this turns out..:beer:

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor, if you haven't already, and install a new spark plug.

If that doesn't work, remove the fuel line at the carb and open the fuel cock.

If there is good fuel flow your taking the carb out again. Make sure the screen on the float needle seat is clean, and double check the pilot jet. The pilot jet is a bugger to get clean because it is so small. Check the choke plunger to make sure it is not sticking in the bore.

Be fore you remove the carb again check the float level by installing a small clear fuel line on to the drain and holding the fuel line verticle with the drain screw open. Fuel level should be at the top of the float bowl.

Top Bottom