06 crossfire clutch hanging up

BIB

Reaction score
:(My wife sled has a bit of a issue when we first take it out. We don't ride it much and it only has 1000 miles on it. The primary seems to hang when we first run he sled, real pain when I am loading it. After we run it a while it works fine. I took it apart and it all looks good however the orings are quite hard and the wieghts don't move real freely. Is this normal for these models?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you be more specific as the hanging part? Do you think it's the weights or something more?

You can back off on the pin nut, but be sure to use Red Loctite on them.

BIB

Reaction score
Well everything else looks good to me other than the weights don't move that freely. Any other Cat clutch or comet I have worked on the weights would not require any push at all to move them, they would move freely and drop if you turned the clutch upside down. I was suspecting that the orings have gone hard and thats why they have some friction but I am not sure.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can pull the o-rings and lightly sand the outside edges till the flat spot a bit. Some guys have tried this succesfully. Others have found nylon washers that fit.

Top Bottom