06 660 Grizz. Starting Problem

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When quad has been sitting for more than a couple days it will not start. Turn over like crazy but won't fire. Drop some gasline antifreeze in and whala.. away she goes. Recently pulled carb apart, emptied fuel tank and still have the same problem. It will start everyday if needed. But soon as it sits for any time it won't start. Doesn't matter time of year, inside or outside. Driving me nuts!!!! Run the same fuel in 07 700 Grizz. and 05 450 Kodiak with no problems.
Any Ideas???

Last edited by a moderator:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
My 02 does the exact same thing it does gets worse choke does nothing. I can run it for a few minutes but not enough to get warm shut it off and it will do the same thing. What I do it open the air box take the filter off plug the intake with my hand roll it over for a minute take my hand off roll it over again and give it a little throttle and it will fire right up. I cleaned mine up with carb cleaner and nothing, so if you find out lemme know I'm dieing to know also.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
oh I have never pulled apart the carb or probably never will ....cause I grew up that carberator was french for leave it the f**k alone :d:beer:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys know that the 660 grizz has a carb preheat, turn key on for a couple (20) secs, shut down do again, then start. we rent the 660s and its either that or stand on the boards and shake it, laugh but it works , also check and makesure your vent line of the tank is not cracked, which causes it to collapse and kills the air, also theres a check valve in the gas cap that creates some issues, i undid the 3 screws and threw away the ball and spring and that helps the vapour lock, which can also be a b-i-t-c-.....

T.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
valves might need to be set as well. really makes cold starting hard when the valves are out. this happens over time usually only have to be set once but sometimes more.

Top Bottom