05 summit 1000 advice

donnie

Reaction score
Hey guys i am just putting a new motor in my 05 summit, a 1000sdi motor. My previous one grenaded a rod bearing and screwed pretty much everything. I need advice on what is the best setup for this motor as i continue to read how the slightest variation of components will cause it to run like crap. Much appreciated.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pm summitric on here he is the champ of the 1000 he has the same sled :d

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey guys i am just putting a new motor in my 05 summit, a 1000sdi motor. My previous one grenaded a rod bearing and screwed pretty much everything. I need advice on what is the best setup for this motor as i continue to read how the slightest variation of components will cause it to run like crap. Much appreciated.

what setup are you looking at dooin'???

donnie

Reaction score
I basically just want to eliminate most or all the problems that they are having with this motor eg. running ritch, lean conditions, burning rods and crank bearings.....and so on.

donnie

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good way of getting the air out of oil lines. Just got everything back together but cant seem to get the oil flowing to the pump or crank case.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
run pre mix for the first tank for the oil pump to catch up, brp suggest holding the pump wide open to get the oil to flow

donnie

Reaction score
Yea i was wondering if a couple dry pulls with the sparkplags out would get it going but you probably have to run it for a bit. As well what does the second oil line do that just goes into the crank case? Does it just fill it or is it a return??

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a cloths hanger and hold the oil pump wide open for 5-10 minuts while the sled is idleing and make sure the sled is running premix in the tank

donnie

Reaction score
Do you know what ratio these sleds use? 50:1 or something?

donnie

Reaction score
Just wondering, for anyone who did a intake mod on the 1000 where did you end up putting the pressure sensor from the secondary air box? I hear its a good idea to get rid of the sec air box so you have more air flow around the primary clutch but where do you mount the pressure sensor? And can you just run pods with pre filters and mount the temp sensor somewhere else?? Moneys a little tite so i dont know if ill go with a timbersled kit or not.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Pods are good, and you need to fabricate a shield like the timbersled and mount the sensor between the two air filters....... Be sure to open up all the vents properly for airflow. Put pre-filters on the air filters to keep the moisture and clutch dust out of the air filters....

donnie

Reaction score
Cool, ill probably end up doing that just building a custom shield and mounting the sensor as close as i can get it. Any suggestions for the pressure sensor from the secondary air box?? I found a good spot that works, just took one of the old screws from the air box and a shim and screwed it in the old hole close to where it was before. The only thing is it is not enclosed anymore so i dont know if the wind factor when im driving will cause a crazy reading or if it even matters.

donnie

Reaction score
How retarded is this, put some brand new sparkplugs in before i started the engine turns out one isnt working. Put the old plugs in and holy crap hp central. Im not going to have any hair left after im done! Beer time.

Top Bottom