05 rmk 900 anniversary possible purchase

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all. looking at a 05 900 rmk anniversary for brother in law.owner says all rebuilt. pistons, rings etc. since rebuild says it wont rev past 6000. starts fine, idles fine. havent seen it yet but going to look today. any ideas where to start

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do it !!! That is all !!!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were a bad sled, ate belts, blew up motors, there is a reason why Polaris quit building them after only a couple of seasons. There are alot of other older sleds to choose from that were much better.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I with ya Bigfoot!
Just buy them after someone else has done all the work to them so all the bugs are out. Still running my 05 Nine/166 and going strong, the only thing i could get to break on it was the pull cord, twice now, the harder you ride them the better they are :) But ya selling them sucks because all the bad press they have.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problems with my 05.
There are some key things that need to be done to them. Would I buy one today... probably not with the choices available.

Kewar

Reaction score
my buddy has an 05 900 and it is fast. BUT all this bad press makes him worried about getting too far away. hahaha
take spare plugs as they mauy burn out is all i've seen.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ive had and have friends that ride an 05 900 including myself and if you do the fix its or buy one that has had the nessary stuff done you wouldnt be dissapointed,I really like mine and like bigfoot says......they snort LOL,
catmando!

Top Bottom