05 rev 800 help!!

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 2005 rev 800 151 and it ran fine until now, i changed out the bars and risers today then went to start it and nothing. there is spark and everything but it just doesnt seem to want to start, i put it in the garage last night and it started fine and rode fine yesterday, any ideas??

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My recent experience with my 05 Rev and intermittent starting ended up being a battery that was on the borderline. Check that first. If it is the original battery then change it. A voltage reading of under 12.7v after being charged and left to stabilize for a day means the battery is on the way out and then weird and random things start to happen.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 2005 rev 800 151 and it ran fine until now, i changed out the bars and risers today then went to start it and nothing. there is spark and everything but it just doesnt seem to want to start, i put it in the garage last night and it started fine and rode fine yesterday, any ideas??

If you had to dis-connect the little wiring connectors on the original bars... You might have pushed one of the pins of the wiring harness out the other end during re-install.... Take a close look at the 2 connectors at the base of your handlebars... Make sure all wires are securely locked in place ( from the backside of the connectors, the pins lock in, if they pull out they may be worn out- causing a loose connection)

Hope this helps...

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I got it figured it out.. The metal peice on the tether was broke and pushed to the side. Move it to the middle and fired up fine

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I got it figured it out.. The metal peice on the tether was broke and pushed to the side. Move it to the middle and fired up fine

I hate how stupid things like that can have a person baffled for a long time.

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea it's a good thing to know about it now though. Instead of having the tether ripped out in the mountains and the metal piece get lost then your screwed and have no idea why your sled won't start haha

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take everything back apart and see if something went wrong with the kill switch. I don't know if there would be a problem with the kill switch but the same kind of thing happened to my friends sled.

dony409

Reaction score
^ he already figured it out :p good job on hunting it down though! i like my grandpas 1950's sled cause theres no wires

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh. I was right though and i didn't even read the other posts.

Top Bottom