05 Chaincase

Wrench900

Reaction score
Bearing on the chain tensioner went, chain is toast, top gear is stripped, bottom still looks pretty good. Price to fix from Polaris isn't cheap of course. Looking on ebay found a few for an 06. Asked the dealer and they said just the top gear is the same, everything else is different. Anyone have any imput before i fork out the cash for brand new?

Thanks

Hylode

Reaction score
I don't have a top gear , but i do have a bottom 39 tooth gear c/w chain ! reasonably cheap !
so all you will need is a top gear and roller !
it will keep cost down for ya
Give me a call if you are interested (780-719-9301 Rod )
:beer:

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bearing on the chain tensioner went, chain is toast, top gear is stripped, bottom still looks pretty good. Price to fix from Polaris isn't cheap of course. Looking on ebay found a few for an 06. Asked the dealer and they said just the top gear is the same, everything else is different. Anyone have any imput before i fork out the cash for brand new?

Thanks

For 2006 Polaris moved the jackshaft down which shortened the chaincase. The roller tensioner was also ditched for a plastic bushing style.
Top and bottom gears are interchangeable, but I think that's it.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running 18/39 on my 05 900, good set up for the hills, I also just replaced the stock plastic chain case cover with a custom built one, guy on the 900 fourm SW sells them.

IMG_0956.jpg

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets see a pic of that ss in the background... looks shiny!

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you lose the oil dipstick with the custom cover?

I think you do, but I'm sure there is a sight glass in the cover... look it up on snowest there are pics of the covers.

ltw

Reaction score
I have a 2005 chaincase, chain and gears for sale if you need. Had 200 miles on the unit. Pm me..........Thanks

Top Bottom