05 Bombardier DS50 Good Deal???

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a clean 05 Bombardier DS50 for my 2 kids. It is in good shape, guy is asking $1500. Need some advice on this??? Is this better than buying a new knockoff for $500? Is this thing worth anything in 5 yrs when it is 8 yrs old?

Attachments

• DSCN2421.jpg
    DSCN2421.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN2422.jpg
    DSCN2422.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN2423.jpg
    DSCN2423.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN2425.jpg
    DSCN2425.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 112

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'll jump to the other side of the fence.My son is on his second Gio and I bought the first one for 500 and he rode it for two summers,Sold it for 400 and moved up too a 110 for 550 and he gets to start this summer on a new quad and I'm only into them both for 650 and have not had any problems and you should see how he pounds on it.Resale is good on those knock offs too!
My Two Cents!
catmando!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a clean 05 Bombardier DS50 for my 2 kids. It is in good shape, guy is asking $1500. Need some advice on this??? Is this better than buying a new knockoff for $500? Is this thing worth anything in 5 yrs when it is 8 yrs old?
Five years from now it'll probably still be worth $1500.00 unless it's a wreck.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The machine is about $2000 new. You will get your money back if it still in good shape. I also run the knock offs for my two kids and sometimes wonder if I should have bought the name brand. It looks like a nice machine. I'm sure the kids will enjoy whatever they get.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Can-Am will hold it's value well.....(Try picking up a cheap Kitty Kat for the kids...Good Luck).
Comes down to personal choice I guess...We just bought a 2008 DS90 in hopes of running it for 5-6 yrs....

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
on the smaller quads bikes etc... is it well worth it to go with the name brand make. as for value you can look at almost getting what you paid for resale.

i wouldnt buy one of the imports like gio etc... cheap and they look cheap. plus i dont trust putting my kids on something that another kid the same age built. for me i would rather dish out the $2000 for the peice of mind that it wont blow up with one of the kids on it.

oh ya, and that price appears to be good.lol.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
plumbum...thanks for the advice...and the laugh...hahahahaha...putting my kids on something someone the same age built!!! That's priceless!!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here are the pics you wanted.It is a personal decision and when the kids get old enough I think they should be on good quality machines but for learning my son went to a 50 cc to start(blue one)now he will ride the 110(Red One)for a couple summers and then when he buys his own I doubt he will buy a Gio.But for learning they are as safe and almost as reliable as any other quad out there.I think thats great for you guys that spend 2000 on a quad for the kid,I just cant justify it!
catmando!
My 12 yr old rides a Yamaha.

Attachments

• IMG_0989.JPG
    IMG_0989.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 88
  • P3010005_01.JPG
    P3010005_01.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 87

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
for the $2000 part. i have 4 kids. they get passed on. as well with all the family etc... we have, it will sell for almost what we paid when we do sell it. i go for the longevity of it. i did check out the imports but they look very cheap and i didnt want to do the fix and ride fix and ride etc.. especially with limited parts availability.and really what is 2 grand. nothing nowadays.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look before you buy though, I was surprised last week when I had to check the wiring on my kids 07 DS90. Sticker on it says it was made by "Her Chee" So I'm thinking I paid too much for basically a cheap chinese quad with a BRP appearance package.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
for the $2000 part. i have 4 kids. they get passed on. as well with all the family etc... we have, it will sell for almost what we paid when we do sell it. i go for the longevity of it. i did check out the imports but they look very cheap and i didnt want to do the fix and ride fix and ride etc.. especially with limited parts availability.and really what is 2 grand. nothing nowadays.

Four Gio's!
catmando!

Top Bottom