05 900 troubles

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A buddy has an 05 900 RMK good for 3 seasons so far but this year first trip runs like crap, won't pull over 6K RPMs changed plugs ran ok for 3 minutes then same again. Took it to RidenHide didn't find anything. Compression is good, 135ish both sides. Any ideas? (sorry for the sketchy details, wasn't there to see it).

GRD

Reaction score
A buddy has an 05 900 RMK good for 3 seasons so far but this year first trip runs like crap, won't pull over 6K RPMs changed plugs ran ok for 3 minutes then same again. Took it to RidenHide didn't find anything. Compression is good, 135ish both sides. Any ideas? (sorry for the sketchy details, wasn't there to see it).

How is the belt?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you possibly put it away without fuel stabalizer so that now the carbs have varnished up. If this is the case take off the carbs and give them a good cleaning.
Thats possible. (not my ride) aren't those 900's fuel injected?

barney

Reaction score
Does he have any flashing codes coming up on digital cluster.A simular thing happend on mine,5 flashes i belive ,tps was shot.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too much oil maybe fouling the plugs? I know the oiler cables have a tendency to come apart and the oil runs wide open. My dealer noticed my cable was frayed when I had it in a month ago and replaced it. There's a guy on SW Fatboyzfrenchy that is working on a better cable for the 900's.
Here's a link - 05/06 900 IQ Oil Pump cable solution is coming soon - SnowTalk

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

He took it to the dealer for repairs. needed some updates but still haven't heard what's wrong. Thanks for the replies guys.

Top Bottom