05 900 rmk slp single pipe

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Going to pipe my 05 900RMK since the warrenty is off know. Just want a little info if I need to regear and should I run the SLP clutching speeks. Any advice would be appreaciated.:d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should not need to regear from the power of the clutch, but maybe a SLIGHT adjustment in the clutch. Biggest thing will be the reflash that is required with it. Usually SLP will have a spec sheet that comes with the pipe, back page of the install manual on mine, says what new jets (carbed model) and weights to run in it.

All install info and clutching can be found here.

http://www.startinglineproducts.com/instsheets/09-915.pdf

SLEDHEAD 900RMK

Reaction score
Gotcha on the speaks that come with the pipes. Ran SLP on 4 different sleds over the years. Always put on with sled right out of crate new. Then after a couple years and numerous left over parts,:mad: found better combonaion changes that worked better.:d Thanks for you info,:cool: but was just checking to see if anyone found something different to run, in gearing or clutching. If works with SLP specks thats what i will stay with. All the best to all sledheads and hope for a early snowfall that stays in them great rocky hills.:d

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
19/42 gearing is very popular. wakes up the bottom end. and get rid of that stock helix in the sec if u havent. 66/42 66/44.46 is also popular. throw the pipe on, reflash (or boondocker box) and play with ur weights and it'll be a totally differnt sled.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
19/42 gearing is very popular. wakes up the bottom end. and get rid of that stock helix in the sec if u havent. 66/42 66/44.46 is also popular. throw the pipe on, reflash (or boondocker box) and play with ur weights and it'll be a totally differnt sled.

I might have to get together with you and let you at my sled, LOL. :d

Top Bottom