05 700 rmk Sputters

Loopkey

Reaction score
Well I am at wits end on this, sled has 1200 miles and was running awesome until two rides ago, started sputtering and running rough, bad gas? water? not sure, when you open it up it takes off like crazy. Took it home, took off the carbs, cleaned them up all parts, etc. put it back together and it runs better but still have sputting at up to 1/4 throttle then it runs good? Idles a little high then drops to normal, put new plugs in, fresh gas, didn`t change the needle or the air screws (i assume those are the white adjusters at bottom of carbs) compression was good at 115 each side.
I hear storeis of crank seals etc. but all looks good, e valves were good but I can check again, maybe I missed something on the carb?
I adjusted the belt deflection but that should not change the way the motor runs..

Can anyone help out here I would appreciate it...[/B] Thanks

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it running too hot? One of my machines was sputtering anI thought it was a power valve sticking. It turned out that it was running hot and going into a stutter mode as we were on some icey trails. I put the scratchers down and no more stuttering. Your 05 probably has this safegaurd built into the ignition system.

Top Bottom