04 Rev Seized Engine

_Stevo_

Reaction score
ok so here is the real probem once i got the block out. The tiny oil line that gose from the oil pump to the one side of the block was broke off. So this means no oil to that side of the crank. I was hitting some big drifts and landing kinda hard but damn what a crappy design. Why the hell didnt they put better oil lines on that dont get brittle and break. meh what ever its part of the sport i guess... I need to get started on my Turbo 1200 anyway.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those boyesen rage cages are all aluminum boots no delambing ever.Best designed reed boots,weel worth the money.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the broken oil line, that sucks. Even with out the broken oil line us doo lovers get to deal with crappy cranks. In my experience
3500km on a doo crank is good. When mine went I got a guy in Edmonton to drill out the cases and modify the crank to oil bath the outter bearings instead of grease pack. This modification won't help a broken oil line, but does get you alot more life out of your crank.

TrailCrusader

Reaction score
probably.... Is the boot split right through???

I have read through to the end of this thread and have to point out that the oil delivery has nothing to do with the condition of the reed boots on an oil injected engine. If the reed boots are damaged and allowing extra air into the intake, then you will have a lean mixture a possibly melt a piston down. Sumitric would have been somewhat correct if the sled was running oil in the gas as the main lubricant but rod bearing damage from that situation can be debated as the lesser amount of oil being delivered to the that side of the motor would be nominal. This piston would more likely melt before the bearing would starve for oil.

Rev It!

Reaction score
I Don't mean to side track this one but I have an '04 Rev 800 as well with about 2000KM's, wondering if it's time for a piston changeout? If so, should I go with OEM's or aftermarket dual ring RTK's? Sounds like I should look at a new set of reeds as well.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Don't mean to side track this one but I have an '04 Rev 800 as well with about 2000KM's, wondering if it's time for a piston changeout? If so, should I go with OEM's or aftermarket dual ring RTK's? Sounds like I should look at a new set of reeds as well.

My stock 05 pistons rings were very pitted at 3000km so ya i would look into changing them. The 06 stock pistons were good. I am using the RK Tek dual ring in my 05 and they seem to work good after 900km.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull your pipe and y-pipe and inspect the pistons,rings and cylinder walls. It sounds like it would be worth your time to pull the intake side apart and check it aswell. As far as changing out your top end just incase, at 2000km I would leave it alone unless you see something obviously wrong. If everything looks good, do a compression test and keep riding it!!

Top Bottom