03 800 HO RPM Problem

rosey

Reaction score
Went for a nice ride on Dec 27, sled was running fine all day and on the way back the rpm's just dropped right off from the normal 8200ish down to about 6000-6500ish. Sled starts and idles fine but when you hit the throttle all i can get out of it is 6500 max. Could it possibly be a crank seal on the primary side i noticed oil on the clutch cover when i opened the hood? Not to sure what the problem might be never had an issue with this sled since i bought it. Its an 03 800 HO with about 2200miles on it. Any help would be great. Thanks

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a polaris 800 do the same thing and it was a ruptured diaphram in one exhaust valve, rpms didnt drop as much but it would only pull 7 and ran fine otherwise.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your bolts on the Y-pipe while you're in there. exhaust leak can spray oil too.

Last edited:

rosey

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I'll check that exhaust valve and i agree with the y pipe actually changed the exhaust gaskets last year b/c of leaking oil i bet the y pipe bolts are loose again. thanks for the help guys.

cblair

Reaction score
my sled just did the same thing and it was cause but the pressure hose that controls the exhaust valves the hose leaks and the valves do not open properly and now i have to rebuild my motor because i melted the side of the piston on the PTO side of the motor, pull the exhaust valve out and look at your pistons

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it still sound the same, or does it sound different?? seems kinda like the same problem i'm having with mine. i got a thread started called " '07 600ho sdi problem".

rosey

Reaction score
Thanks summitx. Keep me posted on what you find out. I'm gonna start with the rave valves and see where that gets me.

rosey

Reaction score
So i checked the rave valves and they were all good. Changed the PTO seal and sled is running awesome again. Thanks for the help guys.

Top Bottom