02 rmk 800 temp

ramnut84

Reaction score
had my sled up in the mountains over the weekend:) snow was great:) it ran awesome for about 70 miles then my temp light came on so i let her cool down and headed back to the truck. on the way back the sled had no power at all and ran hot the whole way back. the cooling lines did not heat up at all on the way back neither did the cooler under my tunnel. just wondering if anyone had any ideas what was goin on with it? i am still very new at sleddin. thanx in advance

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you need a new temp sensor its on top of the head , when the sensor failed it went into limp home mode

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, what you need to do is change your water pump belt!! I ran this sled for several years. The 02's did not have a DET mode. Your temp light was working properly. Was it on the whole ride down? Take your mag cover off and check your belt. I will put a box of beer down on you blew your belt. If it is broken replace your belt. When you restart ensure you have proper circulation, bleed all the air out. If it won't bleed all the air out you will need to tear down your engine and replace all your gaskets (orings) as you more then likely would have blown them. You are very lucky you never burnt your engine up and melted your pistons. I would also check your pistons for any damage.

ramnut84

Reaction score
yes it was on the whole way back to the truck. been busy at work so i just got my mag cover pulled and the water pump belt is just fine. any other ideas???

RMK Rider

Reaction score
Had same problem a few years ago on my 03 700 ended up being the temp sensor replaced and runs great ever since.

ramnut84

Reaction score
i ordered a new sensor a week ago so it sound be here any day. thanx for the input ill let ya know if it fixes the problem:)

ramnut84

Reaction score
it seemed to fix the problem:) ran great till a rock hit one of my cooling lines and i lost all my antifreeze:0 besides that it was great:)

Top Bottom