02 700 edge waterpump

redlich

Reaction score
Hey everyone hows the snow! yeh! well so I'm trying to rebuild the waterpump in my 02 edge 700.Got a couple of quots from polaris dealers in my area.(whow!!)1-$175 plus 1.5 hours labour at $80 an hour
2-cost of parts plus 2 hours labour min.at $75 an hour
3-tryed to tell me shaft is bent, cost of parts,plus unknown
amount of shop time at $85 an hour.
Two small bearings: 6002LU and 6002DU are $45 a piece through Polaris!:(:rant::eek: I'm trying to find after market or none Polaris bearings to match the ones I have to replace(hopefully)

Does anyone know anything about little things to watch for when reasembleing the pump? Or were I could get parts cheaper than Polaris(some)?:confused::eek:

Ronny Ratchet

Reaction score
I just did my 03 800; purchased all OEM parts (~$400) as I had to replace everything. Pulled off the case and took it into the dealer to remove and replace water pump parts and (case crank seal -recommend), that was $52 in labour; while everything else i did myself. The water pump gear is pressed onto the shaft and the w/p shaft seal (~$30) requires a special installation tool; so I figured it was cheaper to let Polaris do it. I do however highly recommend replacing the 4 case bolts and three stator bolts with new ones as I had one case bolt break off and tumble around inside :realmad: which is what made one heck of a mess of my water pump gear and belt in the first place :rant:. Luckily it didn't go through the case! I know of two others that had this same problem. Oh; this is also a good time to replace your water pump belt as well by the way (~$60 while jobber is less than 1/2).

Top Bottom