010 D8 Oil use

Dino

Reaction score
My sled has about 300 miles.....crappy snow keeping me from riden more....but I am seeing a oil rate of 20-1 . Dealer says the pump is adjusted right:confused: I cant believe this sled should run at 20-1. So just what too doo if the dealer continues to tell me its correct? Thanks Dino

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines running closer to 40 to 1 09 rmk 800. It can be adjusted there is a lot of talk about this on snowest(not endorsing) sounds like not the easiest job but can be adjusted.

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 09 Dragon is somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 to one

Dino

Reaction score
Mines running closer to 40 to 1 09 rmk 800. It can be adjusted there is a lot of talk about this on snowest(not endorsing) sounds like not the easiest job but can be adjusted.
Would very much think that being a new sled that the dealer should take care of this, and that I shouldent have to adjust the pump, I guess I will if push comes to shove. Dino

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would very much think that being a new sled that the dealer should take care of this, and that I shouldent have to adjust the pump, I guess I will if push comes to shove. Dino

I heard polaris is telling dealers that anywhere from 20-1 to 40-1 is good and not to adjust the pump unless it's out of this range. You need to tell them that its less than 20-1 if you want them to due it.

Dino

Reaction score
I heard polaris is telling dealers that anywhere from 20-1 to 40-1 is good and not to adjust the pump unless it's out of this range. You need to tell them that its less than 20-1 if you want them to due it.
Yes at 20-1 I use a qt for every five gallons of gas, way spendy. Also fellow riders cant stand to ride behind as there eyes burn, and the sled smokes as if it was in the middle of a bonfire. I will call the dealership once more and talk to em???Thanks Dino

Dino

Reaction score
So the sled is at the dealer again. Told them to keep the sled till the oil is at 40-1. Dealer calls and says he is waiting for Pol. to send some wiz bang tool to test the check valves on the oil lines going into the case. Time will tell. Good thing I kept my Revs. Dino

Dino

Reaction score
A week to the day....dealer calls to tell me that POO authorized him to replace the oil pump :confused:. Might have the sled back in time to put it away for the season.... In the mean time I just keep riding the dog waden outa my Rev. :eek: Glad I kept them....Dino

Dino

Reaction score
Well after the second trip to the dealer, and two weeks later Polaris decided to let the dealer install a new oil pump...thanks poo, I am gearing up to go back to work so I might not get a chance to ride the sled this year and see if the ratio is correct, ...not just better but correct... not a good way to win a Doo man over Polaris. Dino

t-bomb

Reaction score
just rode on the weekend with fuel wire unplugged (2010 800 Assault) and took 31 liters of fuel and had to add aprox 1 liter. $37 to fill at $1.20 and I have a one liter/quart jug that I fill from my big one to take riding with me and it tokk most of it to top up the oil res.

I plugged the wire back in because of the bog on the trail (almost went over the bars standing) Not sure how this will affect it. The bog seemed to clear up.

Dino

Reaction score
Well I was after the dealer to replace the oil pump from the get go.....read to many posts about the pumps being bad from the start. The dealer had to follow poos guide lines to be reimbursed for the pump. Eng only turns 7700 to 7800 rpm, didn't want to start changing my clutching till I got rid of 20-1 oil ratio :eek: I run with the wire unpluged ALWAYS...most of if not all the fuel I get has ethanol. Sled has no bog, runs good other than the rpms. And a streak of blue smoke that Ray Charles could see.....Dino

Dino

Reaction score
Rode the sled today with the new oil pump....9.7 gallons of fuel...just about 7/8ths of a qt of oil. Close enough to call it 40-1. No trail of smoke. Dino

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some day the e-Tec oil system too will be copied. Hope for your sake and the air behind you it's at least close.

Top Bottom