01 Summit Risers ?

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will start the post with saying, "I'm a newbie".

I want to but a riser on my sled. (01 Summit 800)
I seem to see Powermadd adds all over and want to know what to buy and what i need.

Not sure on the height, what do you guys recommend?
2, 4 6 or + inches?
Do I get a pivot adapter? (why would i need one)
Will i need to extend my brake and throttle?

Thanks again all!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything more that 2" and you will need a longer brake line and throttle extension. I'm 6' tall and I put a 4" riser on my '00 summit, other guys like taller.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well im 5'10 and i got the stock riser with a 4 inch on top of it on my rev and i absolutly love it, its so comfortable to rideon, but sitting down is kinda a pain

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
I am 6'3" and have a 9" riser plus another 2" in my bars... I needed extended brake line, throttle and wiring.

Pivot adapter is important so that the rise is going straight up versus at an angle closer to your nuts... in order to have the bars directly above the steering post get the pivot adapter. There are also way more risers to buy if you have the adapter. I might have a picture or two to show you.

The first one is 6" Fly riser with pivot adapter and the second one is 7" RSI riser with pivot adapter which is now switched out for a 9" billet riser (not shown)

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1473.jpg
    IMG_1473.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 78

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the greatest picture but his is an 2000 and 2001. oth with 6" and everything gets extended

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 69

Andy the Digger

Reaction score

I seem to see Powermadd adds all over and want to know what to buy and what i need.

2, 4 6 or + inches?

Thanks again all!
Me and a buddy put a 6 inch riser, and a pivot adaptor on a 99 mxz600..so 7 and a half inches... We had to put on a throttle extension, and a longer brake line, re route the hand/thumbwarmer lines, the kill switch... we got everything from royal in ontario for about 250 bucks... Buddy loved it... until.. the stem broke... first above the bushing.. then we welded a pipe inside of it... then it broke under the pipe.. that time 70km from home at 7pm... I would suggest a aftermarket steering stem with a pivot already on it, or to beef up the existing one... having the handlbars in your lap, while getting towed sucks...
I am curious though. higher bars mean more injury in a collision? I have hit enough buried wires, and things to throw me over the handlebars .. and them being lower was a good thing I am thinking?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am curious though. higher bars mean more injury in a collision? I have hit enough buried wires, and things to throw me over the handlebars .. and them being lower was a good thing I am thinking?

ive always thought the same thing... then again have never road with high bars. maybe im really missing out on something good... might try it this winter:rolleyes:

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
If you are standing up with high bars, you will still go over the hood... you may bang your thighs on the bars on the way over but they should fold flat when you hit them... I would think this would be the same for low bars too but would just hit you closer to the knee...

Tall bars are SOOOOO worth it! My back thanks me every day... Being half hunched over all day is no fun!

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For myself I stand up and where my hands reach naturally is how I determine how much rise I need. I am 5 foot 7 and I have 8 inch on 07xrs and stock riser on 09 xp. Different riding positions etc put my hands in different areas. I also use the adjustable riser from Monster works motion handlebar out of Edmonton area.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

2, 4 6 or + inches?

Thanks again all!

i put a 3.5" pivoting rox, didnt have to extend anthing and so far its been worth the 75$ its a tight fit but ive rode with it for 2 years and no problems, im 5'11" and it feels great

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got it done.
Powermadd Pivot Adapter, 6inch riser, Brake Line & Throttle Block

Thanks all for the posts.
Rode it last week feels wicked. A friend tried it and said its night and day from how it was last before.

Attachments

• P1050491.JPG
    P1050491.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 89
  • P1050490.JPG
    P1050490.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 76

Blairwatt

Reaction score
2 questions, where would you look for a riser kit?, and how did you make your foot holders wider?

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EBay, powermadd website or even the classifieds on here.
As for the foot wells I haven't made them wider so I'm not sure.

Top Bottom