😡***Beware kijiji scam on '14 summit $10500 calgary***

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This guy had a 2014 summit 163 for sale for $10500 and it's a scam I know for a fact he is just taking deposits on the sled. Claims you can't see the sled cause he's working in lethbridge and sled is in Calgary. Big time scam! Don't send money unless you can touch the product!

Guys 'name' is Will Moore 1 587 332-6061

Last edited:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
considering he is 2-3 thousand dollars cheaper than every other 2014 summit I would have been suspicious right from the get go.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with intimid8or. If you were stupid enough to give a deposit without seeing it first, you deserve to lose your money. The only time you give a deposit is after you have seen it and plan on coming back the next day with the remainder to show that you are serious buyer.

Sent from my iPhone

Pantherscry

Reaction score
I agree with intimid8or. If you were stupid enough to give a deposit without seeing it first, you deserve to lose your money. The only time you give a deposit is after you have seen it and plan on coming back the next day with the remainder to show that you are serious buyer.

Sent from my iPhone

Its ts amazing the amount of obvious scams on Kijiji. I always wonder who actually falls for it????? I don't think anyone deserves to be scammed but they are so obvious I can't feel bad for them.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its ts amazing the amount of obvious scams on Kijiji. I always wonder who actually falls for it????? I don't think anyone deserves to be scammed but they are so obvious I can't feel bad for them.

Maybe deserve is the wrong word but your right, you can't feel bad for them. The only way I would be on their side would be if they viewed it at their house and then the sled was sold afterwards, but that's a really bold move that would be rare to see. Even giving a deposit on something you view in a parking lot isn't secure enough personally.

Sent from my iPhone

Pantherscry

Reaction score
I agree. The only way I feel secure giving a deposit it if I meet at their house. Parking lot meets are also sketchy. Both sides need to protect themselves but I can't see the harm in a stranger knowing where u live.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is a phone number .,,,, you want to get him... phone police and tell them about this and then use him for a sting operation with the cops....

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scams are always obvious to the outsider, but some of these scammers are pretty darn convincing. And, it's easy for a person to get caught up in a good deal. It's happened to me before...

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scams are always obvious to the outsider, but some of these scammers are pretty darn convincing. And, it's easy for a person to get caught up in a good deal. It's happened to me before...
People get scammed... otherwise scammers wouldn't still be doing it right? Run into plenty of people that have been 'taken'.

SwampRatt

Reaction score
It can be a little worrisome on the other end of selling as well once they have your address. Sold a quad through kijiji a few years ago, guy called, said he lived around the corner, be there in 15 minutes to check the quad out. I sat at home and waited for almost 3 hours, tried calling him back a few times with no answer, fully expected to be robbed that night. Would sure be nice to go back a few years where we could all trust each other

mavverick

Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone
I wouldn't go as far as calling the guy stupid. I think the real problem is the guy posting the scam. Remove the scammer and you remove the problem.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if its not a scam? Just saying maybe he needs it gone and is a honest gent. Given the nature of kijiji buyers, few threads on this site about them, he does have the right to ask for deposit to deture the tire kickers.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if its not a scam? Just saying maybe he needs it gone and is a honest gent. Given the nature of kijiji buyers, few threads on this site about them, he does have the right to ask for deposit to deture the tire kickers.

Too late! His name and number is up for public viewing.....guilty or not.....don't matter too much now........if he was a supporting vendor, the thread would have been pulled 8 hours ago

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mabe he's having the issue that everyone wants his good deal, and wants his asking price with a deposit to hold it till he can be there

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too late! His name and number is up for public viewing.....guilty or not.....don't matter too much now........if he was a supporting vendor, the thread would have been pulled 8 hours ago

If I were a supporting vendor would RK fix the site?

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put up the sled for sale when your back. WTF is the point of putting it for sale when you cant make the transaction.. scam or not he is a moron. Oh i posted it before i left. Remove it and repost when your back home. :realmad:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not saying its not a scam, I just saying unless someone here has been "taken" by him or can prove in some way its a scam, what your doing IMHO is slander. Maybe he never expected it to move so quickly that's why he posted before he left. I dunno but without facts many here are convicting someone based on what?

Top Bottom