So alot of people have been emailing me about my rev seat conversion. Ive decided to make a step by step thread to show how I convertid my seat in about an hour.
1. The first thing your guna want to do it remove you stock zx seat (remove the 2 nuts in the trunk and pull it off from the back)
2. put your 440 rev seat on and align it. (the bottom of the seat should be plush with the tunnel) mark your new mounting holes with a marker witch is roughly 9.5 to 10" up. make sure your seat is EVEN on both sides.
3. Remove about 8" of staples on both sides of your 440 seat so that the foam is exposed. lay you ZX seat on top of your 440 seat and push it down. Trace your oem zx seat lip on the 440 foam (make sure your corners are plush)
4. Take a pair of snipers and cut away the foam (take your time to make it look perty) it should be a rightside up D shape about 3.5" deep. MAKE SURE NOT TO CUT TO MUCH!
5. Its time to cut away your plastic. I used a hack saw and sanded it with a dreamall after. this worked pretty good but you can use what you choose.
6. mock up your rev seat and see how the lip lines up (it may be nessisary to shave some more) once you know its going to work sand your foam and plastic to a nice rounded finish.
7. Restaple your seat cover back on with a staple gun. you will need to cut the leather a bit to make it fit in the curve.
8. throw your seat on and put the new tong under the seat clamp and see how she fits. check if your markings for the rear seat mounts line up. if they do drill out your old mounts rivit with a 1/8 bit (it should come right out). next drill out your markings you made with a 21/64 bit (it helps if you drill with a smaller one first) throw your mounts in and mark up your rivit holes facing towards the bumper (its a 1/8 rivit and hole). Rivit in your mounts and your almost done!!!
9. your guna want to add some extra foam under the seat pan for extra support (front and back). I just duck taped it on. it also helps if you add some tape were you can to keep the seat from sliding down.
10. mount your seat and your ready to ride!!!
If anyone needs more info or has any questions just post or pm me. Btw ill mount this on your sled for $20 if anyone is intrestid.