little girl needs prayers

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Updates will be posted as replies, by myself or my wife, Snow Girl
Original...
Sorry to bring this up here but this little girl needs all the prayers she can get. Friends of ours have ababy girl who just turned 1 yr old. She was born with cancer, 2 days after birth she underwent surgery to remove a golf ball size tumor, and a walnut size blood clot near her brain stem. Survived the surgery and has been undergoing heavy chemotherapy since. acouple months ago she had an mri. a few small blips were discovered but doctors thought they were probably just dried blood from the initial surgery. Last thursday she had another mri. found three tumors. less than the thickness of a piece of paper from the brain stem.These tumors have grown from aprox. 0.2mm 3mths ago to aprox.25-30mm in three months. She is going into surgery tomorrow a.m. to remove the tumors and about a qaurter of her brain that was left dead as a result of the first surgery. Amazing thing is that other parts of the brain have taken up mthe responsibities of the dead part. She has developed just as fast as any 100% healthy baby. Just asking anyone out there who believes to just take a few minutes and say a prayer for her. the friend is a member here (Taylor's dad is BeachSled). baby's name is Taylor. thanks in advance to all. Sorry about the long read.

Attachments

• Taylor Thiessen (BeachSled 's daughter).jpg
    Taylor Thiessen (BeachSled 's daughter).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up here but this little girl needs all the prayers she can get. Friends of ours have ababy girl who just turned 1 yr old. She was born with cancer, 2 days after birth she underwent surgery to remove a golf ball size tumor, and a walnut size blood clot near her brain stem. Survived the surgery and has been undergoing heavy chemotherapy since. acouple months ago she had an mri. a few small blips were discovered but doctors thought they were probably just dried blood from the initial surgery. Last thursday she had another mri. found three tumors. less than the thickness of a piece of paper from the brain stem.These tumors have grown from aprox. 0.2mm 3mths ago to aprox.25-30mm in three months. She is going into surgery tomorrow a.m. to remove the tumors and about a qaurter of her brain that was left dead as a result of the first surgery. Amazing thing is that other parts of the brain have taken up mthe responsibities of the dead part. She has developed just as fast as any 100% healthy baby. Just asking anyone out there who believes to just take a few minutes and say a prayer for her. the friend is a member here. babies name is taylor. thanks in advance to all. Sorry about the long read.

our prayers go out to Baby Taylor.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I can't even imagine what they are going through. After surgery there might be radiation too. Thanks. Her surgery is tomorrow morning at 730.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Terrible story...It makes you realize how precious a little life is.Thoughts and prayers to the familes and to Taylor

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow. Don't know what to say. I have 2 little girls, I couldn't imagine how horrible that would be. My thoughts and prayers go out to little Taylor and the family.

Mayfly

Reaction score
We wish and pray for a speedy and full recovery. It is sad to hear stories of this nature. Taylor will pull through and grow up to celebrate many more birthdays.
Wish the parents all the best, I couldn't imagine what they are going through, please keep postive and all things will be well.
The Myers family.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First things first if you don't mind. Where is the surgery going to happen (edmonton), if Baby Taylor's parents need anything you PM me or call my cell phone 24/7 I'll PM my number.

The most important, my strength and courage to baby Taylor tomorrow along with all my thoughts, prayers and strength. God bless you Taylor.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM'ed you my contact info.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and i just had our first child, a little girl and this story is heart breaking. My thoughts and prayers go out to Taylor and her family.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our prayers too!!

F*&%....seems we are just surrounded by cancer lately.

She is young and will do well I'm sure.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Beliefs aside, sometimes they just don't matter......well wishes and prayers of hope to the child and strength to the parents... I couldn't Imagine....:(

best wishes from my family to theirs...

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Such a young little girl coming into this world, having to go through such a thing. Love, and prayers go out to the Taylor family, in hopes this is a blessing in disguise showing a new appreciation for life.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers. I will update as nwe find out anything new. As of right now surgery has been postponed due to an accident just down the street from the hospital.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
My prayers go out to Taylor and her family!! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom