LoginRegister
SnowandMud.com - Powered by vBulletin

Today's Posts

93 arctic cat ext 550 efi

Discuss 93 arctic cat ext 550 efi in the ARCTIC CAT CHAT forums; I purchased a 93 arctic cat ext 550 efi a couple of months ago. I rode it a couple of ...

Post Thanks / Like

93 arctic cat ext 550 efi

I purchased a 93 arctic cat ext 550 efi a couple of months ago. I rode it a couple of times without a hitch but this last time it started acting funny and eventually died. While it was running it would start to idle pretty high for a couple of minutes then back down to a normal level. While riding it, it would start to bog down then it would just take off at almost full throttle. After it died I couldn't get it started again, but did notice that the efi controller or something in that area was clicking while the key was on. I turned the key off and it stopped clicking. I loaded it up and home we went. When I got home I put the key in and it didn't click and after a couple of pulls it started. I shut it back down and turned the key back on and the clicking started back up and wouldn't start again. Would appreciate any advice before I take it to a shop!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 93 arctic cat ext 550 efi

could the battery being low cause this problem?

Post Thanks / Like

yes. the battery needs to be in good shape or it will not run or start sometimes.
    2000 rmk 800 151 iq skid

Post Thanks / Like

had one this year as well. sold it as a parts/rebuild sled. ran great. but if the batery was even starting to get low ran like a bog o crap. like everyone else said replace the battery and start rippen again.
    dads ride 05 summit highmark 1000, 162x2 1/2 track and jaws can mods to come soon
    the boys ride '99 summit 670 HO full chromoly front end,titanium springs,xp skis,kick azz filters, 151x2 ported track,big wheel,2wheel kit in rear, skid slid back and dropped,8 toothe extro/intro drivers, and a couple other secrets.
    '09 ford lariet stock
    girls ride 96 583 summit stock
    Wifes Ride '75 model dad. and lookin for a sled.
    One smokin' wife that seems to have a sick sledding addiction
    two some times wonderful kids.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey,

I have as well purchased a 93 Arctic Cat Ext 550 EFI and was wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of battery I need or what kind of stock battery would work. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

walmart has cheap if. I am actually looking for someone with knowledge converting my efi ext from efi to carbureted. thanks

Apk
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a trottle sensor