polaris problems

SwampRatt

Reaction score
Looking for any ideas you guys might have. I have a vertical escape 800 that is sputtering at half throttle and above. It runs great off the start, then after riding for ten minutes starts to sputter when you hit the throttle, but never threatens to quit completely. Shut it down for a while, and it goes again fine for another ten minutes. There is lots of fluffy powder around, could it be sucking some in? Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

SwampRatt

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried them all and no luck so far. I'm gonna try to seal around the headlight a bit better than it is. It looks like snow is pouring in around the headlight quite easily, then dumping right into the airbox. Great design

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your problem does not go way check the light bulb for the temp lite I'm replacing temp sensor on a 04 800 but it made the lite come on runs like crap

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your sled is going into fail safe mode, there is a sensor on the coolant system (don't remember exactly where it is) that can go bad. This will make the sled run like it is over heating, coughing sputtering and won't go over 6000 RPM.

Trench:beer:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you take out the exhaust valves and clean em? if they seize, the motor will run like poop and eventually blow up?
ask me how I know that? $3900 motor job . previous owner was using crap oil, now use I Amsoil. nice and clean Valves.

71250ford

Reaction score
I would definitly switch over to the NGK plug. take them champions out if you are still running them. also just check if anything is freezing up or sticking on your carbs. i used to have a 2003 800 vertical escape and that sled ran awesome, never had a stumble, just hard starting in the cold mornings, had to let sled run for a while before jumping on it, which was fine because then you knew it was up to proper coolant running temp. awesome sled. i also switched to NGK plugs on my 2010 dragon as well, but these plugs are quite a bit more expensive

Top Bottom