Is it just me?

SwampRatt

Reaction score
These dang Scepter gas cans (of which we own 5)!! I've lost or wrecked dozens of the cheap spout base rings, now I can't even find any replacement ones. Usually just tighten the snot out of the spout without a ring and still drip on myself. It can't be just me is it?! :mad:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sceptre's gas cans just plain suck. Whatever happened to wedco? Any gas can they made was pretty solid. A guy can't seem to find them at any Canadian tire etc like he used to. It's all sceptre now...

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Greggs distributing has wedco. Some walmarts have -replacement spout too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DTH

Reaction score
These dang Scepter gas cans (of which we own 5)!! I've lost or wrecked dozens of the cheap spout base rings, now I can't even find any replacement ones. Usually just tighten the snot out of the spout without a ring and still drip on myself. It can't be just me is it?! :mad:
Try an o-ring.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've actually lost it with these cheap crappy self venting spouts that leak and struggle for air I just grab my leatherman and stab a hole on the top of the septor and chuck it in to the trash when done.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC govt uses nothing but Sceptor cans. The toughest longest lasting cans on the market by far. I've used them for years and never had a problem. Tried Wedco once, but had nothing but trouble. The unvented Sceptor cans kinda suck, but have never had any leakage or dripping issues.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Wedco translucent spout that comes with when new always break about two ribs up. My wife would tell me its my fault I'm sure. I found yellow Wedco replacements at Napa and they seem to last a bit better.

Gas takes forever to pour out of unvented Scepter jerry and Linq Doo jerry. We drilled a hole up on the handle of buddys 25L Scepter and put a sheet metal screw in it for transport, works a bit better, but not much.

Its not just you lol

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't had all these leaky spout problems, must be something that happens with age to you older guys? Lol the invented ones are terrible, I don't know why everywhere suddenly stopped carrying the vented style.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i do believe there was some new regulations put in place regarding importing vented cans a while back. they were impossible to find. but now are starting to show up again. i like the scepter vented cans, they are square and low profile so they dont seem to tip over as easy. e bay has seals if you need them.

I haven't had all these leaky spout problems, must be something that happens with age to you older guys? Lol the invented ones are terrible, I don't know why everywhere suddenly stopped carrying the vented style.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drill a hole and put a tire valve stem without valve in the top. Or buy the taller narrow military style gas cans. They still have a vent. I went to Canadian tire awhile back and they had spouts there that are awesome. They have a screw cap on the top. I bought a half dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought 20 of these from E-Bay...installed in all my newer non-vent cans....the rest in the drawer of my toolbox for future use. Gas Can Vent | eBay

Tip: don't install them on a seam as most of the pictures show...put to one side.

Top Bottom