Zero turn mower

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone using a Husqvarna zero turn mower? If so how do you like it?

Greg5658

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one last spring, it's fantastic. Out performs my dad's skag. I know my local dealer personally and he said to spend the extra money to get their commercial line though. We've got a huge yard and my wife went from having to spend two days a week mowing or letting areas getting a little unkempt using a 42" JD riding mower to keeping it manicured spending 4 hours a week. Happy wife= happy life. I had to buy it for her so I could buy a new sled.

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought one last spring, it's fantastic. Out performs my dad's skag. I know my local dealer personally and he said to spend the extra money to get their commercial line though. We've got a huge yard and my wife went from having to spend two days a week mowing or letting areas getting a little unkempt using a 42" JD riding mower to keeping it manicured spending 4 hours a week. Happy wife= happy life. I had to buy it for her so I could buy a new sled.

What size of deck and what model you get?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
54 inch deck is a good all around size .
If ground is uneven , mowing ditch’s and things the bigger decks will leave marks from cutting in on the edges .
Bigger the deck the more hp and $ required as well.
I have a 62 inch with mulching kit on the JD 4x4 tractor and a 54 inch with bagger on the zero turn Grasshopper .
Zero turns and steeper ground don’t work great either . Lol

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have any hills go with a husky ride on the zeros have only 1 wheel drive as the ride on has a locking hub we just got in some new ariens nice machines have kowi engines in the bigger ones

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At my last job we got a husky 0 turn and it was a great machine... i saved about 1-2 hours or more being able to get closer to things and less trimming... They can cut more areas than a standard lawn mower as both rear wheels drive the unit not just one like a standard lawn mower. I found the deck digs in less than a standard ride on as the frame is so stiff it does not twist and flex like a standard mower quite often i would have a wheel off the ground cutting uneven areas. Only thing that takes some getting used to is sharp turns will spin the tire until you get used to a machine

Greg5658

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one.
8F7D32EE-18C9-4374-9CAF-CCE210FF148A.png
What size of deck and what model you get?

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that is selling an Ariens Gravely ZT50 (50” cut.) excellent shape with bagging system. FA310A94-4CAC-4435-A91E-1DE4C8BA35B9.jpg

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More money but you can find these well taken care of used. We have a Deere 1435 4wd with heat and AC. 72in deck. Super comfy and easy to drive. As maneuverable as a zero turn and has a good yanmar diesel in it. Does a nicer job than my 2520 CUT with the 62in deck and is much faster

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More money but you can find these well taken care of used. We have a Deere 1435 4wd with heat and AC. 72in deck. Super comfy and easy to drive. As maneuverable as a zero turn and has a good yanmar diesel in it. Does a nicer job than my 2520 CUT with the 62in deck and is much faster

The 1435 are a Cadillac IMO .
Very nice mower but pricey .

rgashkei

Reaction score
i went into my local store to buy a Husq and ended up with this one. Has been great so for, but only 10 hours on it. Quite a bit cheaper and supposed to be made heavier.
MOWER 2.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pulled the pin on another Deere. Got the M540. Not the most expensive ($6000) but its just grass.

Top Bottom