your opinion

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking at a 2003 GMC duramax quad cab 120,000 kms gent is asking $30,000 any issues with the 03 and is the price about right?? fully loaded

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
looking at a 2003 GMC duramax quad cab 120,000 kms gent is asking $30,000 any issues with the 03 and is the price about right?? fully loaded

BACK IN APRIL BEFORE I BOUGHT THE BIG DODGE, I WAS DEALING ON A 2006 GMC DURAMAX QUAD CAB WITH 27000KMS AND HAD THEM DOWN TO $45,000.00.......... FYI: I BELEIVE YOU STILL HAVE DIESEL POWERTRAIN WARRANTY UNTIL 160,000KMS ON THAT 2003 TRUCK, BUT YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO WHAT WARRANTY IS LEFT, BEFORE YOU BUY..... THEY ARE KNOWN FOR TRANS AND INJECTOR AND REAR BRAKE PROBLEMS. OTHERWISE GOOD TRUCKS.... GET IT CHECKED OUT PRIOR TO BUYING THOUGH.... JUST MY 2CENTS WORTH.;)

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BACK IN APRIL BEFORE I BOUGHT THE BIG DODGE, I WAS DEALING ON A 2006 GMC DURAMAX QUAD CAB WITH 27000KMS AND HAD THEM DOWN TO $45,000.00.......... FYI: I BELEIVE YOU STILL HAVE DIESEL POWERTRAIN WARRANTY UNTIL 160,000KMS ON THAT 2003 TRUCK, BUT YOU SHOULD LOOK INTO WHAT WARRANTY IS LEFT, BEFORE YOU BUY..... THEY ARE KNOWN FOR TRANS AND INJECTOR AND REAR BRAKE PROBLEMS. OTHERWISE GOOD TRUCKS.... GET IT CHECKED OUT PRIOR TO BUYING THOUGH.... JUST MY 2CENTS WORTH.;)

Not sure about the tranny and brake issues, but the injectors have been an issue and are warrantied till 320,000km's i believe. I just bought an 06 full load dually out of the states for $35,000 with 20,000 miles on it.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my Chev Silverado about 2 months ago and paid 25,000. It is a Crew Cab, short box, 3/4 ton with 92000km and has the 6.0L gasser.
Just want you to have something to kinda compare to.

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sold my 04 chev duramax crew cab with 140k for $32,000. loaded but no leather. ihave a edge chip for sale that will fit that truck , if you are interest. when i sold it, it still have original brakes, with no problems

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i work as a tech at a gm dealer,the injectors are only warrented if (a)all maintenance records are present(b)no contamination in the fuel(c)the injectors failed due to an internal crack or high return fuel rates.actually they are not too bad from 03 and up and the trans issues were ussualy from lack of maint or abuse,nothing that all the other companies havent gone through

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another issue you should check out is a pump in the transfer case rubs against the housing, eventually causing a leak. My dealership had mine apart dealing with a 4x4 engagement issue and discovered the rubbing problem. Luckily I had extended Powertrain warranty and it was fixed no charge, but it would be very costly!

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am a sales manager at a stedelbauer chev, if you want come by and see what we have, i know there is a few 07's here, as i work in new, but i could get you a deal on wither a new one or a used one. any o7 had powertrain and roadside assitance for 5 years 160,000 kms. a used 07 with crew cab, leather and a diesel would probably run you around the 50 mark, but with the financing terms on a newer one, you could stretch out the term and probably have the same payment, and not have to be putting money into maintence.

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a sales manager at a stedelbauer chev, if you want come by and see what we have, i know there is a few 07's here, as i work in new, but i could get you a deal on wither a new one or a used one. any o7 had powertrain and roadside assitance for 5 years 160,000 kms. a used 07 with crew cab, leather and a diesel would probably run you around the 50 mark, but with the financing terms on a newer one, you could stretch out the term and probably have the same payment, and not have to be putting money into maintence.

once I get time off from work I will look you up,thanks

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats not a bad price, but im kind of brand loyal. I'll take my cummins any day just cause i can. I like the bigger fuel tanks in the dodge and the power is always there and i dont have all that many problems. But hey its your money, buy what suits you.

Top Bottom