Yamaha Wolverine 350 1999 -suggestions/ opinions please

okke

Reaction score
old geezer re-entering quading world. thinking about picking up a used older quad, thinking Yamaha brand
possibly 1999 yam Wolverine 350

what are big differences & comparisons to Kodiak?
any warnings / suggestions, recommendations?

thanks

Last edited:

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on how new of a kodiak you’re comparing it to. Somewhere mid 00’s they started getting 2wd/4wd and Diff locks as well as independent rear suspension and belt drive. Previous model years were just a 400cc belt drive. The
Wolverine’s like the one you’re talking about were solid rear axle and full time 4wd. Not the best machine for comfort.

okke

Reaction score
then what are the biggest differences between Kodiak & Grizzly and Wolverine of the late 1990's (1997-1999)? what does each have to offer workhorse or leisure comfort or ___ ???

Legend14

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kodiak got rear independent rear suspension in 2004 I think? Not sure what your budget is but I’d just go for the grizzly 660, pretty much same price but a thousand times nicer and comfortable then kodiak, and being a old geezer I’d go for a power steering griz 700 but they selling like hotcakes right now l bet.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think that was the same machine a buddy had back in the day. If memory serves the lack of low range coupled with mediocre power made it struggle, especially in mud.

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the price is right and you are sticking to hard pack trails could be alright the motor is reliable but under powered and the solid rear axle is prone to hang up as others have said not that great in mud a newer Kodiac 450 with IRS would be better but would cost more but you get IRS power steering and a 450 liquid cooled motor vs an air cooled 350 and diff lock can’t remember if the Wolverines had diff lock a couple of my friends had these back in the day I had a Warrior same motor and even in the 2WD quad it was under powered.

Top Bottom