Yamaha mountain venom

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt its expensive but lots of fun! My oldest played hockey and my youngest was a competitive swimmer those were not cheap either. Weekends consisted of one parent one kid heading one direction and the other the opposite. With sledding the whole family could do it together and really wasnt much more money in the end. My oldest stopped playing hockey his last couple years he liked riding more it was his call. He is 19 now has a group of friends he rides with lots and still lets me tag along as his sponser lol. Hockey was fun but took a lot of commitment did not leave a lot of time for other sports. I was lucky my parents gave me the same opportunities and sponsored me lots to so hopefully my boys pass it along to thier familys.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Have had my daughter and son up sledding in the mountains since they were 10(maybe even younger... They started on a 600 mountain max and went up from there... They're now 29 and 26years old... Gets expensive when you consider all the gear, sleds, extra gas, accomodations, meals etc... But worth every minute and pain and accident ;) . Can't wait to get back up there with them :)

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant see a 400 cc mtn sled going anywhere

It can with a 15 year old on it. Just won't be breaking any speed records. Nice and light for someone who is still learing to move around on the sled in deeper snow.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can with a 15 year old on it. Just won't be breaking any speed records. Nice and light for someone who is still learing to move around on the sled in deeper snow.

This is key... it’s not just about the weight, but more about getting the new rider (young or old) used to making the sled do what “they” want it to do.... too much power and things start happening too fast. That’s how inexperienced riders get in trouble, and the usual culprit to why most newbies never catch on...

The other major issue is when experienced riders take a newbie to an area that’s over their comfort level...
Everyone has to start on their version of the bunny hill... then work up to the double blacks!!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess maybe for a new rider but 2 months of going slow and that will be the end of that .

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NVM found it.....429lbs....DRY! holy crap, I was expecting a bit better than that. So much for a lightweight kids sled

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did see a Blast M and the owner was pretty proud. My wife is starting to look at a mountain venom, I wish we could see one up close... need a prototype tour\show this spring....

800tundra

Reaction score
H
I rented it to see what it was all about. Doing more research on them it looks like they come clutched for sea level. As for the shocks on the back you can put one foot on the running board and bottom it out. we couldnt find any kind of adjustment on it. Your evo is probably the better sled i think. Once your kids get bigger Polaris has a kit to make it full size sled with full power. The dealer sells polaris to and told me his one customer has an evo and rented the venom did some comparing and drag racing said the evo was faster and more responsive. The price of the evo is better to.
We have two (Venom Mountains) Clutching way off at higher elevation. Rpm too low . And engagement to low. U are correct shocks are absolute garbage. With tweaks I do think they will be fun. Just adds up $ pretty quick

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen a Arctic Cat Blast done right up. It was one of the guys who rides for cat. Black cats. He rode with Rob Kinkade all the time. Dave something. He built it for his son. Looks sweet. My boy seen it on Instagram. I think him and his son are going to have lots of fun out there.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave McClure is who your talking about.
E509066C-DB8C-4A3F-B949-2A07E8BC9632.png
B3B0FF5A-59C1-4A41-8B27-DD51AE82DBB9.png

schwindt

Reaction score
I rented one of these for the weekend last week. I had a few issues with it but the dealer didn’t have much info on the machine. Does anyone have experience with this machine? Is Climax still the Yamaha guru?
I just picked out snow check up light snow here in Sasky….they have a computerized break in period, after 8-10 hours they open up allot. How new was it?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a kid with a blast up on Bell last weekend.

The little single sounds like a handicapped individual, until figuring out it was a blast and suppose to be running on one cylinder.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one I rented had 400km on it. It was out of break in. The clutching was for sea level and we were at 7-8k. Not sure why a mountain sled is clutched at sea level. Looking around the internet looks like there was a lot of issues with these venoms. Not uncommon for first year sleds.

Top Bottom