Yamaha Grizzly 700 or Suzuki King Quad 750

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I test drove a grizzly once, immediately after sitting on the seat the first thing I noticed was that the clutch cover sticking out to where my ankle was rubbing on the cover. Turned me off from buying one.

Kmmdad

Reaction score
I test drove a grizzly once, immediately after sitting on the seat the first thing I noticed was that the clutch cover sticking out to where my ankle was rubbing on the cover. Turned me off from buying one.
interesting.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol that is actually the one I'm looking at. Question for you around this model. With the larger tires, do you feel the bike gets hot down by your legs? I hear it gets brutally hot to the point where it was nearly unbearable.

If you mean by the clutch cover, no - not a real big difference with 27's. The clutch cover can get warm but not near as hot as my CanAm's. The side panel does get a little warm on the exhaust side, particularly if you don't keep it clean in there, but it would only bother me if I'm wearing shorts. ...but really, who goes out for a real ride in shorts? Even though my experience is on 09's, not enough has changed to make a significant difference.

As far as the high center of gravity goes, Grizzly definitely used to have one of the highest out there. It was one of their biggest strengths and weaknesses all at the same time. However, the new chassis is wider and longer, so that crazy high center of gravity might even be lower than the King Quad's now.

Kmmdad

Reaction score
If you mean by the clutch cover, no - not a real big difference with 27's. The clutch cover can get warm but not near as hot as my CanAm's. The side panel does get a little warm on the exhaust side, particularly if you don't keep it clean in there, but it would only bother me if I'm wearing shorts. ...but really, who goes out for a real ride in shorts? Even though my experience is on 09's, not enough has changed to make a significant difference.

As far as the high center of gravity goes, Grizzly definitely used to have one of the highest out there. It was one of their biggest strengths and weaknesses all at the same time. However, the new chassis is wider and longer, so that crazy high center of gravity might even be lower than the King Quad's now.

Just trying to get an idea, can you put your hand on the panel on the exhaust side after a hour run?

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol that is actually the one I'm looking at. Question for you around this model. With the larger tires, do you feel the bike gets hot down by your legs? I hear it gets brutally hot to the point where it was nearly unbearable.
In terms of clutch cover heat I would say nothing overly noticeable. I had a 15 grizz on 26’s previous to the 20 xtr and would say no difference between the two.

gforce_15

Reaction score
28" zillas on my 2014 and the heat is not an issue in my opinion. Does it get hot? Yes, but nothing crazy

Kmmdad

Reaction score
I just spent the day at Argil Motorsports and Alberta Cycle. Just for the record, both are great with awesome sales staff. Also if you know anyone that maybe looking for a 2019 500 King Quad Argil has the best deal I've seen. $8499 for a black with PS and winch. Great deal. Anyway, they had a 2020 Grizzly SE and that is a very sweet machine. However, when I sat on it the soft sit was great, but it didn't fit me like the King Quad. The sit on the Suzuki was a little more firm, but not unconfortable. Also, A Grizzly SE was $2200 more than the 750 King. Now the 750 King was an out going 2019, but that I don't really care about. I then test rode the King at Alberta Cycle and it is just like a king quad should feel, just everything feels better then the older units. Not quite ready to pull the trigger on this yet but, I do think it is looking more like a Suzuki for me.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just spent the day at Argil Motorsports and Alberta Cycle. Just for the record, both are great with awesome sales staff. Also if you know anyone that maybe looking for a 2019 500 King Quad Argil has the best deal I've seen. $8499 for a black with PS and winch. Great deal. Anyway, they had a 2020 Grizzly SE and that is a very sweet machine. However, when I sat on it the soft sit was great, but it didn't fit me like the King Quad. The sit on the Suzuki was a little more firm, but not unconfortable. Also, A Grizzly SE was $2200 more than the 750 King. Now the 750 King was an out going 2019, but that I don't really care about. I then test rode the King at Alberta Cycle and it is just like a king quad should feel, just everything feels better then the older units. Not quite ready to pull the trigger on this yet but, I do think it is looking more like a Suzuki for me.

There’s a new 15 Grizzly 700 EPS at Bowridge Cochrane for $8600 + fees/GST

Top Bottom