XP Boss Seats - Opinions?

Rev800-NICE

Reaction score
Just looking for some feedback on the XP Boss Seat. I'd really enjoy a little storage on the sled vs putting everything in my ABS bag...you guys out there that have one, how have they been? Best pace to order?? Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres a few for sale on here. A guy has 3 for 375 each i think. Brand new. Cheapest ive seen them yet. Wish cash flow wasnt so damn tight right now :mad:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got mine 2 days ago,,, maybe install tomorrow...

I am with you, I wanted the storage, I paid $418 plus 40 shipping plus gst...

I think this year they have the new zippers that were breaking, and new foam, seat looks good hopefuly it rides good.

tonnes of pockets,,

does it save any weight like on the revs???

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got mine 2 days ago,,, maybe install tomorrow...

I am with you, I wanted the storage, I paid $418 plus 40 shipping plus gst...

I think this year they have the new zippers that were breaking, and new foam, seat looks good hopefuly it rides good.

tonnes of pockets,,

does it save any weight like on the revs???

pretty hard to get much lighter than what is on there already.
in terms of cost i figured it much cheaper just to put a gear bag on the tunnel. plus every boss seat ive seen seems to have a tear or broken zipper on it somewhere after a year or two.

freeride79

Reaction score
Just put one on my freeride, for the same reason needed more storage. And it's badazz.... It feel's really nice.....

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a boss seat for my XP last fall.
The zippers failed miserably.
I got the replacement, and after 4 days of riding it passed the initial test on the zippers.
This seat still sucks for storage, if you fill one compartment, the other compartment loses volume.
I would look at other seats, and compare storage needs,,, Boss did a good job on the replacement cover, but the storage issue is still there,.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Except did anyone else notice that the replacement seats snaps didnt line up? so I had to drill new holes? with a couple more boss seat changes my tunnel will be swiss cheesed and about 2 lbs lighter.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty hard to get much lighter than what is on there already.
in terms of cost i figured it much cheaper just to put a gear bag on the tunnel. plus every boss seat ive seen seems to have a tear or broken zipper on it somewhere after a year or two.

I hate chit on the tunnel gets so wet,, I only need that bit of extra space to pack my extra tools and safety gear and 2 water bottles,, ya you are right its a expensive back pack lol,,, but keep in mind I will sell my stock seat for 250 bucks maybe,,,,, and then its only a 200 hun upgrade.

but I hope this years zippers are all good. we will see.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Except did anyone else notice that the replacement seats snaps didnt line up? so I had to drill new holes? with a couple more boss seat changes my tunnel will be swiss cheesed and about 2 lbs lighter.

I knew the seat helps shave weight lol,,

maybe its the way the cover went on, it would be hard to get it perfect I would think,, but Im only guessing.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well at least the old holes are covered up by the fabric as the new holes are lower than before, just have to sell the machine with the seat on to hide all the holes.

Top Bottom