xm running boards

schiermnultra

Reaction score
I wonder if the running boards are getting beefed up on the xm's since the prototype? Just got the 2013 accessory catalogue and i can't even find tunnel stiffners in there for the xm. This may not concern most but I am not a little guy so it's got me wondering!

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are looking at after market boards i have some for every budget. i have the FEETHOOKERS xm boards which are an insert, and if you want to step up i have the BM fab boards for the m also. i have the bm boards on special until nov for 400

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me know if you feel the same way after a whole season on the stock boards. ;) i was told by a person that had ALOT of seat time that their boards were already starting to sag out, and had snow build up. for some people stock will be fine and some others stock is never good enough

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you are looking at after market boards i have some for every budget. i have the FEETHOOKERS xm boards which are an insert, and if you want to step up i have the BM fab boards for the m also. i have the bm boards on special until nov for 400

What are "BM Fab Boards"? Where do I find out information about them?

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is there web site Index they haven't updated it yet. but i will be in edmonton with boards if you want to have a look. or message me and i will be happy to anwser and questions that you might have.

schiermnultra

Reaction score
Why would you touch the boards on an XM. Super strong and evacuate all snow. The leading edge is redesigned and 75 percent thicker. Zero flex.

well i dont really want to DOO anything to the boards just have put stiffeners on in the past..... but if the xm doesnt need them then that is good. When i rode the prototype the boards where cracking out up front so i pointed it out to the ski doo guy and he was glad that i pointed that out and informed me that issues like that would be fixed before the xm chassis goes into production.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i dont really want to DOO anything to the boards just have put stiffeners on in the past..... but if the xm doesnt need them then that is good. When i rode the prototype the boards where cracking out up front so i pointed it out to the ski doo guy and he was glad that i pointed that out and informed me that issues like that would be fixed before the xm chassis goes into production.
Yup i also heard of the issues of them cracking too,,,they did seem fairly thin in a few spot, im sure brp's on top of it,,,they did get rid of snow build up really good for me, and i was riding thick heavy coquihalla powder

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you touch the boards on an XM. Super strong and evacuate all snow. The leading edge is redesigned and 75 percent thicker. Zero flex.

You are talking to a salesman who sell better boards.........of coarse your suck!

schiermnultra

Reaction score
sat on a new xm at the shop the other day, one that didn't have 3000kms on it like the proto and they are as good as the xp with the add-on stiffeners. Nothing to be worried about guys! ps. what a sweet sled!!!!

• Love
Reactions: NMR

NMR

Reaction score
Not sure about that one, I can feel mine flex on a hard side hill. I'm definitely going to be looking into an aftermarket stiffener not a whole lot of choices out there yet though.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me know if you feel the same way after a whole season on the stock boards. ;) i was told by a person that had ALOT of seat time that their boards were already starting to sag out, and had snow build up. for some people stock will be fine and some others stock is never good enough
Well if they sag out from a 150lb guy it should be warrenty.

Top Bottom