Xm can thread

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hps is right in the chamber
It seems MBRP is the only one that comes off the pipe. All others come out of the chamber and all have a shorter nipple or almost no nipple at all. I'm thinking this is the issue. If it runs fine with my stock can I'm ditching the MBRP and gonna try something else.

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It makes sense the cans with the probe closer to the stock location would be more problem free. Haven't had any real issues with my mbrp but might be worth trying one of the others. May be a world of difference I'm not aware of.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it either.
Hopefully the dealer will take it back if it is the issue. If not someone is going to get a good deal on a new can.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
All I know is I experimented with cans last year... and maxwell can vouche....If you pick the wrong one.... It will sound ....and run like an airplane running out of gas.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
and wtf is with this new reputation crap under my name SBR and why do i only get two cookies and maxwell gets like 5. Mine should be full. I think its rigged because yours is all the way up.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is I experimented with cans last year... and maxwell can vouche....If you pick the wrong one.... It will sound ....and run like an airplane running out of gas.

Lol I could never put the sound I heard into words but that's what my 2011 sounded like with the mbrp when it bogged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they do. Could be why it makes the sled run like crap

I think it may be to keep the egt at a cooler temp due to the extreme heat that gets generated in a smaller more compact can..... the suitcase is flush mounted (much like the hps) because the heat is transferred throughout the larger body of thewhole can... an mbrp or npp or bmk end up having these "longer egt stems" to help out with getting a more consistent , more even temp going to the egt probe.... think of it as an air cooled egt probe I guess.... there are such extreme temps generated in the smaller cans that diring a long pull ot takes longer for the heat to fully get to the egt probe with these stems......

I could be talking out of my butt to tho I dunno lol !!!!! Just my uneducated guess....

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Advanced technology with e-Tec makes it important to choose for the best overall credibility: MBRP does the most homework, has no known technology consequences, and is the only one I would trust or recommend to a friend.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was told buy a guy (who sells cans) that the MBRP is good for low elevation as it has a large opening on the bottom (compared to stock), and his has a smaller opening (I think he said same as stock) which is good for elevation. It makes sense I guess. If it was imperative that sleds have different exhaust systems then they would be different on MXZs and Summits, and to my knowledge they are all the same? Any smart people have any knowledge on the subject?

Top Bottom